• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April 2016 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, April 02, 2016, 10:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny Horne

Very nice job. I wish my first one was that good. Heck I wish my last one was that good  :)

10kDA

Still interested in the site & forum, but I have a 1:1 airplane project taking my time now
Chris

Boomerang

Well done on the Bonanza !

Gordon

Beazld

I have the plans and a scan of the decal sheet I can upload somewhere if there is interest.  Just let me know where and how.

lastvautour

Did you register with gallery?

Lou

Beazld

I don't see where to register.  The thread to respond to is locked.  How do I register?

lastvautour

Beazld

I saw that but dont see any way to post to the string.  I did send Mr Bennett a PM.

lastvautour

If you were logged on you should have been able to select reply. Your print screen image does not show it.

Lou

Beazld

It's weird, I get the reply box in every other section except the Gallery section

R.F.Bennett

I got no PM in my box, are you sure you were logged in?
Please send the screen name and password you would like to use in the gallery to this address;
Administrator@solidmodelmemories.net I will forward it to Garet, I know this gallery system is a pain and it can be blended with this board, but the board will not allow the large size images we like to use for plans.
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Thanks Ray. I hope this works.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

I can't say I know much about the layout of Canada, but I am hoping that all of our members too the North are NOT dealing with the wild fires there;  http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/americas/fort-mcmurray-fire-canada/index.html please sound off when you can.

XRay
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

The wild fires are in a remote northern section of western Canada. Fort McMurray is an oil boom town in the middle of a forested area with little else around it. However, I am amazed at the fact that no one was harmed by the fire. Sadly we had two fatalities from a traffic accident on the way out of town. Other casualties are people who lost everything and others whose home were spared, but their employment eliminated. With mortgages still needing to be paid life will be very hard. Provincial and federal funds and generous donations from individuals will cover only a fraction of the cost of rebuilding not only their homes but their livelihood.  I visited there in mid 1990 and found it to be clean and well laid out. A shame to see it now.

Lou

Kenny Horne

Like most every other Albertan male, I have done a short tour of duty in Fort Mac, though that was decades ago now.  The fire was quite terrifying if the short clips I have seen on TV are any indication.  It was a really close call for many motorists as they convoyed out.  The town is really isolated, and with only one highway through, the 90,000 citizens had little choice when they were ordered to flee.  Some were forced further north with no way out if the fire turned on them, I think that was about 20,000.  The rest fled south to the safety of my home town of Edmonton.  They have all been evacuated south now.  My son Jimmy has a couple of the Fort Mac kids now in his class, as they try to figure out what to do. 

The water bombers did an amazing job of spreading fire retardent and water on the critical infrastructure and the downtown core, it looks as though most of those areas escaped undamaged by the fire.  The bad news is that around 2000 buildings and homes were lost, the good news is that 85% of the town is still standing.  A Convair 580 crashed on landing but all the crew were safe.  The air was full of smoke, helicopters and planes those first few days. 

It was an amazing couple of days here, and now for the long slog as they wait for things to settle, then off to clean up and rebuild.  They are a tough group of Canadians.

Kenny