• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Intro and Helicopters

Started by Airmedical, October 02, 2012, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airmedical

Hi Gang,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.  My name is John. (Airmedical) I am in the U.S. and I am a custom helicopter model builder. (Plastic kits).  So I think I will bring somthing new here and a game changer with helicopters.   ;)

I am working an making some vacuum former molds for making helicopter models that are not on the market.  I found some wonder resources here for carving models.  I'ts great to see people doing this as a hobby.  

I am going to attempt some molds myself and at the same time, I would like to know if their is anyone interested in making some profile blanks of some helicopters?  I see their was one gentleman who did a gorgious EC-120.  I have drawings and other drawings I ammaking I can provide.  I am interested in 1/48 and 1/32 scale. Or 1/40, 1/30th.   I can live with either.  I'm not looking for fancy wood like mahogany or anything like that.  Balsa, scrap wood etc. is fine.  The model can either be made in two halves, a left and right or a solid body is fine too.  No major detail is needed.  It would be a fuselage without the stableizers.  If anyone is interested, feel free to email me and I can explain further and provide drawings.  

The following are helicopters of interest.

Sikorsky S-76
Agusta A-109
FH-1100
Bell 214ST
EC-130
350 Astar
355 Twinstar

I am not looking to have these done at one time as my time and resources are limited due to my wife going through chemo.  But modeling is my drug and this is for my cave time.  LOL!

Let me know
John

**note edited by webmaster to remove your e-mail address.  other members can reach you by logging in and sending you a message; it will be sent to your e-mail address**
In God I Trust.

Ken Pugh

Welcome aboard, John.

I started on my first heli this year for the Marine Corps Aviation 100 years anniversary.  Building a 1/72 AH-1W.  I haven't posted any pics of the wood work, nor took any build pics, since I have posted several build threads on basic work.  I regret that now.  I will be posting pics on things I do that branch out from the norm of solid modeling on this model.

I highly recommend you edit your post and remove your email address.  Anyone on this board can get in touch with you through private message.  There are people using programs to troll for email addresses.

Ken Pugh

Airmedical

Hey Ken,

Sorry it took so long to reply.  Nice to meet you.  I would love to see your progress on you cobra. 
I've had no contacts with anyone so it looks like the carving attempt will be on my own.   It will be a learning curve.  I have some rigid, closed cell foam and high density balsa I got years ago and will be getting some basswood.  I'm gearing up!
I will sure to post some pics.

Cheers
John
In God I Trust.