• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Air-Toons

Started by lastvautour, August 18, 2009, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

I've started work on three new Airtoons, a Tucano, an F18 courtesy of Lou,s templates and a NDN Turbo Firecracker. I have rough cut out parts for all three, and started the Tucano first. How fast I get on with these builds remains to be seen , but I will post any progress as I go along. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Looking great Paul. I look forward to your progress shots.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Paul, neat to see all the parts ready to go!

buccfan

Thanks Lou and Garet, I should get some work done today.Regards Paul J.

buccfan

A bit more progress to report, fuse shaping almost complete,just the underside to round off and blend in. Tailplane shaped and contoured and the fin similar except for lower edge to match the fuse. The wing is shaped and contoured. I cut it out flat, then bent it up using the cut and Gorilla Glue method I saw in one of Barry's progress reports, because I used this method I left the wing at the full 4mm thickness in the centre for strength. I then reduced the tips to 2mm and have rounded off the leading and trailing edges quite a bit. To add a bit of interest to the wing/fuse joint I have added some fillet fairings, that need blending and fairing in.

A couple of pics of the parts and one of a trial fit. You may notice Pat's inspiration for this model in the pics. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Looks great Paul. I await the final results. Keep a copy of your templates. We need a place to keep those all in one place.

Lou

lastvautour

I found an AirToon Template album but don't know how to get to it yet.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I will try to find some 1cm square graph paper to put them on, failing that photo them on my cutting mat. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I printed my 1cm graph paper from a site on line.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/plain/
I used the line generator on the page and then used the small white download pdf icon below it. I did not download the program itself.

I placed the F-18 template in the Misc Plans Album. I need to go in as an administrator to place them there. When you have some to post, send them to me as well.
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=346

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for the info and pdf Lou, it printed out ok, when I remembered to increase it to 100% . I will forward you my Tucano templates when complete for you to post. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I am completing my T-33 and F-102 templates. Many of my AirToon were done on the fly with no templates being saved for future generations. I have posted your original template which with your permission I may redo on graph paper.

Lou

buccfan

That's fine Lou, I don't have a problem with that. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

buccfan

Continuation of my builds will now be posted to my project board, thanks to Lou and Garet. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

F-102 AirToon templates uplaod to the misc plans album.

Lou