• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Air-Toons

Started by lastvautour, August 18, 2009, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

As I stated before and will do again, you did a fantastic job on the Buccaneer. You can proudly display it anywhere. I did the refueling probe and the pitot tube this morning. I will tackle home made undercarriage later this week. Again, congratulation.

Lou

lastvautour

If you need any ideas check this Pat at http://www.flickr.com/photos/31186322@N06/ and http://www.blackheartart.com/. Another place is http://www.caricatureaircraftpictures.com/.

Slipper tanks have been installed and pitot tube and refueling probe are complete but not attached yet. I am working out a pylon to carry some iron bombs as the 1977 version would not have had smart bombs yet(??) All my pitot tubes are extra long.  The F-18 is back in the paint shop with a new coat of primer. I could not find my Blue Angel decals so I just decided to go with WWII colour scheme as a tribute to the Centennial Naval Celebration for the USN.

Lou

buccfan

Yes it would have been iron bombs back then. I have been on Pats flickr site before and I'm just making some templates for a super Tucano. And I'll have a go at the spinning prop. Sounds like your Bucc is coming on nicely.Regards Paul.

lastvautour

Personally I want a Pilatus PC-9 in NFTC colours. But that will have to wait. Good luck on the Tucano.

Lou

Balsabasher

Paul the Tucano is a great subject and very under-modelled,look forward to seeing that one.
Barry.

lastvautour

Progress is being made but I HAVE TO GO to bingo tonight so no more work on it today. The F-18 is coming along also.

Lou

buccfan

That Bucc is looking really good Lou, the F18 will look great in the retro scheme. They did two retro schemes for two T45's as well. I presume you HAVE TO share any winnings as well? Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I bought the tickets but she won the 50/50. Just $13.00 but what the heck, better than nothing which is what I got.
I hope to be able to work on the Bucc tomorrow. I will use the serial number you sent me. I picked up some RAF dark green and should be ready to apply it late in the day.

Lou

lastvautour

The F-18s have been relocated to their own thread. Here are some more Bucc pictures.  We can draw a comparison of size from the 1/72 and 1/48 kits as well as other AirToons in my collection. Lots of good fun.

Lou

P.S. The reddish radome is factual from an aircraft I saw numerous times in Goose Bay 1978 time frame.

buccfan

The tailpipe fairing idea looks good Lou, something else for me to try next time. Photo's look good, I presume the camera is behaving now?. Regards Paul.

lastvautour

Only on manual these days.

Lou

lastvautour

A sneak peek at my VFMA 333 Phantom. Just a few odd and end and she should be ready for the catapult later today.

Lou

buccfan

That's a bit of a teaser Lou, those crew names look familiar?. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Another AirToon joins the fleet. The VFMA 333 Phantom deployed through Goose Bay Labrador in 1978. I did not have a telephoto lens and security was tight so the only pictures were from afar and not good enough to even get a serial number. When Pat posted his VFMA 333 F4J I knew I needed to make one.

Lou

buccfan

Briliant Lou!!!, great work and it looks good  in that colour scheme. Regards Paul J.