• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Air-Toons

Started by lastvautour, August 18, 2009, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I have sent you an email.Regards,Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks I have them. I printed off your templates this morning. How far and fast the build will go remains to be seen.

Lou

lastvautour

Just a silly question!!! What is the yellow oval?

Lou

buccfan

As you told me before Lou, there is no such thing as a silly question. The yellow oval is the shape for the fwd end of intake. The other end is with the tailplane. It's only yellow as the template is wrong side up.

lastvautour

lastvautour

Using Paul's template I cut out the parts and just put them in place for a photo shoot. I plan on painting mine NATO scheme circa 1977-78 when they operated from CFB Goose Bay, NL.

Lou

Balsabasher

I see that you got your cord for your corrugations Lou,workshop hawk-eye here !
Barry.

buccfan

Good start Lou, is your F18 on hold? Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

F-18 on hold. Cord was bought around 1967 to build a Revll Cutty Shark. Model is long gone but I still have the cord. It is not thread but rather a very small rope.

Lou

My new background photo.

lastvautour

How far are your wings inserted into the engine nacelles? Mine appear to be too slim.

Lou

buccfan

Hi Lou, the wings don't go into the nacelles, they are just glued to the sides. the cutout on the template is so you can pencil mark the attachment position on them. Looking good! More photo's on their way to you.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I currently have toothpicks holding the wings in place.

Lou

buccfan

That was a good idea Lou. I just glued mine to the pencil lines with titebond II woodglue.Regards Paul.

lastvautour

I glued the canopy and fuselage fairing along with the extended bombay. I also drilled through the nacelles to have the toothpicks hold everyting together. Now for some serious sanding and sealing. I have been searching the web for Buccs in Goosebay but I have yet to find a serial number I can use. Most visits to Goose would have been on deployment to practice low level flying. Every picture I have is too dark to read the serial numbers.

Lou

buccfan

Bucctoon now complete on stand and ready for display. A few more pics for you to look at.The last one is with a couple of relations.Regards Paul J.