• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Tucano toon.

Started by buccfan, August 25, 2012, 09:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Great looking undercarriage. Please send me your Photobucket adress so I can see a larger image.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for the comments Peter/Lou, I'll sort that address for you. Regards Paul.

buccfan

A bit more progress on details and painting. Strakes fitted to fuse under the tailplane, and two coats of the first top colour done ready for the underside colour, which actually starts on the whole of the fin. Painting of the  u/c, u/c doors internal colour,exhausts and gun barrels done, tanks, rocket pods and IR housing to complete. then the canopy needs to be masked up, and the sharkmouth needs painting. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Fantastic work(or in this case pleasure). Waiting eagerly for the finished paint job.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, more pleasure today but I will post tomorrow night as I am going to have some more pleasure tomorrow as well, and will have a bit more to report. Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Managed to get all the main colour coats finished now, just a couple of black areas around the exhausts and the sharkmouth to do, the u/c doors require the underside colour and rocket pods the same on the pylons. I will do some better pics in daylight later on.Regards Paul J.

Peter

Looking good Paul!!!

Peter

buccfan

Thanks Peter, I just thought I would dry run a few bits while waiting for paint and varnish to dry. For a larger view in Firefox, righ click the image and select view image. Regards Paul J. 

lastvautour

Looking great even without the close up.

Lou

lastvautour

I remembered the link you gave me and I went in. It looks even better in close up. Neat work space. Nothing like mine.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for the comments Lou, anything I post on here goes in that folder so you can see the original files. My work space has to be kept resonably tidy and sawdust free, as my office is snug to say the least. I do the odd bit of razor sawing and sanding, but I have a usb vaccuum cleaner to hoover up afterwards, as I do all the painting in there and can't afford for it to be dusty. Best regards Paul J.

buccfan

A bit of an update on decaling. I made the lettering for the tailplane by using rub off letters on to a clear decal paper and sealing with acrylic varnish, which worked out quite well. The national insignia was printed on to clear decal paper and also sealed with clear acrylic varnish. I was originally going to attempt to handpaint the sharkmouth teeth, but after the painting of the actual mouth I changed my mind. So I drew the teeth on to some white decal paper using Staedtler triplus fineliner pens and yes you guessed it sealed with acrylic varnish, I left them a couple of days to dry so they wouldn't run when varnished.

I then cut them out with a craft knife and applied them as a decal, I think they turned out pretty good. All the other decals such as the warning triangles are from my stock. Here are a few pictures to show the progress so far. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Wonderful project Paul. Your decals reaslly turned out well. The best I can do is duplicate images I find on line.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I get a bit nervous when doing my own decals as they can cause a lot of stress if they go wrong. I used your water on glass method to avoid overwetting them just in case they run. I don't have word on my computer to do as you do with the lettering. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Any word processing program will work. What program do you have? I have worked a bit with Lotus some time ago.

Lou