• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2016 Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 11, 2016, 08:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I just realized this is May. Sorry about that. Stats will be posted 1 June and if i don't, someone give me a shake.

Lou

buccfan

I think your brain is in moving house mode Lou,   :D regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Everything revolves on the move. I am having carving withdrawal pains.

Lou

lastvautour

I have updated my profile with a new email. The old one will expire when I move.

Beazld

I started making chips on the Boeing clipper.  Will post some pics when I get a chance. Grounded right now recovering from hernia repair.  Hope to be up and around in a day or two.

Kenny Horne

Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear you're laid up for a bit.  Hope you have a comfortable recovery. 

Kenny

R.F.Bennett

I just realized it was Spring, I was wondering why all the squirrels I feed are pregnant,  :o  ???  :P
Get well soon Dave,
Where are you moving Lou? Any closer to Seattle? I've got another ship for you to finish, but I want this one back! I have found because I shake I would need to build a YMS 4 feet long to be able to do all the details. no more tiny stuff for me. . .  :-[
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Ray, I may be moving some 375 km north, but I don't believe the distance to Seattle has changed.

Lou
PS Is the YMS the one you posted pictures some 5 years ago?

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Why YMS-80 USS Albatross? Did some research. She was sold in 1959 and used for fishing. The trail ends there.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

That's the only plan I could find Lou. Unfortunately these front-line veterans and their brave crews are not well represented by history. Most were built by private boat yards under contract during the war. They were wood so they could absorb the shock-waves of the mines exploding rather than be split at the welds and rivets.

https://youtu.be/hnv-ZmArDxA

https://youtu.be/icF4JRvqc7U

Set your Closed caption to translate to English.  This will give you some sense of scale and basic shape. Her upper deck was extended and her cabin aft of the pilot house extended to surround the funnel. Funnel changed, Pilot house was originally the rounded steel one with round port holes. This depended as far as I can tell on what yard built her. Her cut-water was also augmented with steel. I will post more of my images as I find them here. If you would like my hull I can send when ready. It would be nice to continue the build here on original string.  ::)  :o  :P
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

We will need to wait until Sep so I can forward my new mailing address and things are relatively set up in my new shop. I will gladly continue on this thread.

Lou

Peter

Hello Everybody,

Just thought I would check in after a long absence. I have a pile of have finished projects and no excuse to not finish them other than real life getting in the way. The good news is my youngest son is graduating and work is calming down so it's time to start over. I hope your all doing well.

Peter