• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Does anyone know more about this little MTB ? found at a car boot sale today

Started by Balsabasher, June 10, 2012, 11:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Found on a car boot sale today,does anyone know what type it is ? a solid model well built,paid £8 for it which is a snip considering the amount of work gone into it.
Barry.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=7110&fullsize=1

lastvautour

Lucky you.

Lou

PS Right click on photo, select property, highlight URS and copy amd then paste that in between the [img]here [img]

Balsabasher

lastvautour

Barry, what is the writting on the side of the boat as well as what is on the life ring.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou it is someones name 'Peter' that has been overpainted I think like HMS Peter,I will look closer when I get to my workshop next,thank you,Barry.

buccfan

It looks to me me like it says The Paul Jones, Barry I,ve done a bit of googling but can't come up with any MTB that looks like that.Regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

Thank you for doing that on my behalf Paul it could be generic ? interesting little model,solid wood with yellowed celluloid side windows,well thought out detailing,just could not resist buying it knowing that someone had put a lot of care into making it.
Barry.

buccfan

You're probably right about it being generic, if you want to build another MTB to keep it company you can download the plans here http://eezebilt.hobby-site.com/Terrier.html Regards Paul J.

Balsabasher

I remember those Ezebuilt kits well,they made into great little models,thanks agin for the info on these,amazing what is out there.
Barry.

lastvautour

This is as close as I can get.

The funnel on your model does not fit the fast boat concept as they would be either diesel or jet powered so I am guessing that this one man's or boy's dream of a rocket/torpedo launching patrol boat powered by steam generators!!

Lou

Oceaneer99

lastvautour

Anybody interested in a cook-up using Ezebuilt plans. Off course the hull would have to be a solid.

Lou

Will

Eezebilt included a range of planes too.  Not quite stick & balsa and not quite solids!
http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/KeilKraft.htm

Will

Balsabasher

Will although a bit heavier the conventional stick/tissue models these flew very well considering,they all benefited from better hand carved propellers than the plastic ones supplied,if we can get some plans then these too would  make fine solids.

To Lou yes count me in on a solid model from built up construction boat,thats another challenge and a slant on conventional builds,'Flying Aces' once did an article on building solids from  flying model plans.

Barry.

lastvautour

I will place a post in the cook-up section. For now, it is just you and me. I plan on doing the Terrier. I don't think there is a real Terrier, at least I cold not find one on Google, but the model really looks neat.

Lou