• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 20th Anniversary August Ping

Started by lastvautour, August 01, 2021, 11:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The membership has been very quiet during the month of July. That is fairly normal for the summer. Overall we have seen 4 new topics, 86 posts and 181600 new views. This represents the slowest month of the year. I expect things will pick up come September.

I urge members to log on and comment on those projects that are being worked on.

Lou

lastvautour

My 2001 2021 Anniversary goal is within reach.
On the bench:
1/350 Possibly SS Hannprince or the Oil Tanker Louisiana wood selected
1/72 Douglas DC-2 primed awaiting paint.
1/32 Tiger Moth primer/sanding phase
AirToon Bae Hawk Mk 127 awaiting decals
Airtoon Convair F-106 new final sanding stage

4 potential project drawings printed - TBA

1/48 Bell Airacobra Completed
1/32 Cessna 182 Completed

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings all,

1/32 Sopwith Triplane- still quietly sitting in its tin.

1/48 DH FB31 Vampire - Progressing

1/48 CAC Wirraway - Progressing slowly

We are experiencing a bit of a COVID Ramp up over here in Oz. Luckily (touch wood - gently tapping head) where we are is clear at the moment.

Stay Safe.

Cheers

Gordon

Stay safe

lastvautour

Thank you for your update. COVID is still with us in many countries. Fortunately for me, our island province has no seen any cases in several weeks(knock on hardwood head also).  I echo your comments to you and all our members, STAY SAFE

Lou

lastvautour

Ever reach that stage where you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and find out you forgot an important feature of your model?

Taxi lights on my DC-2. Urgggggg.

Lou

lastvautour

Anybody still with the living. Have not heard from anyone since 6 Aug and we know what happened on that day.
Current small updates as follows:
DC-2 is painted and half the decals applied
Tiger Moth is fully primed. Next undercarriage and wing struts
AirToon F-106 primed and hand brushed first coat of aircraft grey
Next project calling loudly but resisting until above models are done.

You all know I don't like playing alone.

Lou
(lonely in Eastern Canada)

buccfan

I have made some templates for an A4, but I have a lot of work to do on the house so it wont get started any time soon, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Boomerang

Checking in Lou,

Been heavily involved in cleaning out some junk.

Sorted and dispatched 5 boxes of plastic kits for sale. Boxes 6-9 are ready to go. That leaves 10-12 to be inventoried.

Where I am ( In Canberra) some twit has got the COVID and was infectious in the community and as a result we are now in lockdown.

We have been pretty lucky in the ACT but it had to happen.

Me thinks it has got away from them.

Plenty of wood, plans , glue and paint on hand.

Proceeding on with Vampire, Wirraway and Triplane .

Stay safe All.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I feel some of your pain. I am also getting rid of my plastic kits and have sold 53 of them. Just another 150 to go. I am selling to Canadians only due to postage cost and being able to get paid. That will leave me about 50 and mostly Century Series aircraft.

Thanks for posting.

Lou

Pete1616

Hi Lou, for better or worse I'm back. I've been in a bit of a slump for a few months.
Loss of fine motor skills and confidence. I'm in the middle, no I've got a good start on a DC3, fuselage finally looking OK.
If I were in Newfoundland, I would be looking for a band who need a harmonica player that can play Celtic and "down home" music! These Covid days I entertain my wife.
Anyhow, I expect to have something finished in a couple of months!
Pete1616

lastvautour

Nice to hear from you Pete. I am sure there would be a place for harmonica player somewhere in Newfoundland. Thank you for posting. I hope to see your continued presence on land.

Lou

Boomerang

Great to hear from you Pete.

Looking forward to the DC-3 .

Keep playing the Harmonica.

Stay safe.

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Good to hear from you Pete, keep carving and blowing, stay safe, regards Paul J.