• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

October 2014 Ping

Started by lastvautour, September 30, 2014, 09:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The gallery continues to be a popular spot for surfing.
Stats as follows:
7,498 files in 322 albums and 17 categories with 750 comments viewed 2,117,681 times

The forum is also doing well with visitors. I wonder how many of our members do not log in when viewing new posts?
Total Members:                305 Welcome DocHoliday as our 305th member.
Total Posts:                 12,704
Total Topics:                 1,128
Total page views:   2,857,583

Just over 90 days left this year. So please let everyone know what you are up to regardless if it is solid modeling or otherwise.

Lou

lastvautour

I hope to have the DR 1, HE 111 and Mustangs done by Christmas. The Bonnie and Argus are gathering dust these days. Progress is as follows:
1/72 Mustang fuselage and tail feathers still in rough block form. Wings have the dihedral carved in.
1/72 Mustang painted silver awaits exhaust and painting canopy and anti glare panel. Decals not yet created.
1/72 HE111 bottom painted. Upper surfaces are still primer. Decals selected but not created yet.

None solid:
Wife's sign done awaits placement on lawn.
1/32 Revell Spitfire half completed.
Started a photo album of my model collection. Found some gloss business card paper stock and I can print four 3.5 X 5 inches (8.8 X 12.7 cm) photos. Once printed and placed in a binder I can show the collection. So far eight photos have been printed.

Lou

cliff strachan

I guess, Lou that relative to what you've described I should say that I've completed a calendar for 2014 - comprised of some of my models - and have given four or five copies away to various model shops. For 2015 I've just completed six copies with the intention of giving four of them away again primarily to model shops and to the WCAM. I had hoped to prepare a similar calendar for 2016 - but this time I thought that somehow I'd try to introduce the actual aircraft, the model, and SMM. The last would depend on the administrators of SMM which I thought that I'd present a copy for their perusal before actually releasing the effort.
Cliff.

Peter

Hi Everybody

I have finished the Hadley Page Hampden and two of there solids. Plus six little solid model pre-Dreadnaughts for my nephews. Now for the bad news my computer has crashed and my wife bought an Apple computer which I haven't figured out yet. Once I do, I'll post photos.

Peter (typing on a cell phone with small buttons or I need bigger glasses)

lastvautour

Great  Cliff. Is your calendar digital as well? Send me a copy to my email.

Good luck Peter. I await your photos

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, I will as soon as able.
Cliff.

Boomerang

All good.

Slowly pushing on with the Beaufort and DH5.

Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

We had a visit from the middle grandson over the weekend, he's taking a course in Camp Borden, learning about ammunition. he's turning 31 in a couple of days so I asked him to pick a carving. He chose three, whittled it down to two....so I told him to take both, the A10 and the Avro Arrow! Now I guess I'll have to carve another Arrow to replace it.

Progress is slow (something to do with age?) Only the Saab finished this month. Panther close though, Vedette, Wellington Northrop delta, Liberator are all in a holding pattern.

In reading about the Polish PXL P 11 I decided it was worth carving....for an aircraft built in 1931 it shot down 110 Nazi aircraft! just a little gull winged aircraft.

Busy packing etc, off to Mexico (Gulf side) 24 to 31 Oct after that we'll settle down for winter. Plenty of time for carving when the snow fllies.

Pete1616

lastvautour

Pretty quiet on the site. Last year we had 490 post for October. so far this month just 32. Must be the weather because I hope it does not indicate a lack of interest.

A minor progress report is warranted. The DR1 is in shop getting its first coat of primer. The undercarriage just received a coat of paint. Some red, some blue and some olive green. The last Mustang has the wings mated to the fuselage. I just realized that the horizontal stab need to be redone. I have cut it out rough and should have it done within an hour. I spent over 5 hours cleaning my work bench and storage area. There is still a tremendous amount of cleaning to be done in the basement. The work bench area accounts for barely 1/8th of the space. My album project is coming along with 20 or so pictures printed commercially but some need to be redone. The Seabee has been moved to the center of the work bench to persuade me to finish it. Non wood related is the 1/32 Revel Spitfire. It finally painted and needs just a few small details to be added. It should be done by mid next week. I plan on spraying it gloss to attach the decals and then use satin to dull the shine. Photos will follow in each building post as something worthwhile happens.

Lou   

buccfan

Purely a lack of free time at the moment for me Lou. Regards Paul J. :-\

Boomerang

Ditto for me as well. Had a couple of days Holiday and went away .
  Now back at work.

Beaufort and DH 5 slowly progressing.

Cheers
  Gordon