• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

August 2014 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, August 03, 2014, 10:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

August! Second half of 2014, So far to date we have 30 completed models.

Forum stats:
Members:                303
Topics:                   1110
Categories:                  9
Page views:   2,778,922

Gallery stats:
Photo/Drawing       7,444
Albums                      319
Categories                  17
Comments                 744
Views               2,059,290

What is on your bench? What would you like to have on your bench?

Lou

lastvautour

Currently on the bench.

1/72 Republic Seabee - in paint shop getting white primer - final paint scheme TBA
1/72 Canadair Sabre X 2 - one in paint shop (RAF scheme) - one in block form (Golden Hawk- found a forgotten decal sheet)
1/48 Canadair Argus - re-sanding entire surface with 100 grit paper to be followed by progressively fine grit before paint job
1/32 Avro Canuck - wings block form - tail feathers require final sanding - fuselage starting block form
1/32 Fokker DR1 - drawings scaled - research being conducted on engine build
1/144 HMCS Bonaventure - still working on catwalks

Lou

Pete1616

Now that my Skybolt is finished, I can get back to the rest of models I've started.

North American B45
Vickers Wellington
Berev R1
Vickers Vedette, Grumman F9F Panther
Aerospatiale/Fouga Magister

As the RCAF flew Liberators, I think I'll cut one out for future carving.

As I work on a carving I'm reminded how much we depend on the left thumb.....mine is painful!....Arthritis I guess.

Pete
Pete1616

Boomerang

Pottering along with the Beaufort and Dolphin.
   DH 5 , Flycatcher and CH1 are still work in progress.

Considering an Avon Sabre
    Preliminary work started on a 1/32 BAT FK 23.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

What scale will your Sabre be?

Lou

lastvautour

Found out that the Avon Sabres had some physical differences. Do you have drawings specific to the CAC Sabres. They indicate a 25 % increase in intake size but cannot find drawings to tell me if they are taller or wider that the F-86F it was based on. They also indicate a larger diameter engine, however there are no specific mention of enlarging the fuselage other than to say it was modified. It may have had internal modification only???? I currently have a proposed Canadair Mk 6 that is still in block form but could be modified if measurements were available. Pictures on line do not tell the me much. Regardless I may still continue with the Mk 6 Golden Hawk and start in fresh one once further details are known. It would e nice to have an entire stable of all the Sabre that flew.

Lou

Boomerang

Have got a drawing for the F-86F which I've brought up to 1/72nd. Borrowed one the youngest brothers Tasman 1/72 Sabre
  ( one of several in his stash) conversion kit and laid that over the fuselage drawing. Slightly deeper at the intake but the
  rest   seems to line up. Haven't checked the fuselage width yet. At the end of the conversion 40% of the original fuselage was
  left. The Avon engine was lighter and was moved back so the fuselage break was further to the rear.
  I might keep it to 1/72 ... Might make 2 . One Avon and an F . Found some colour drawings for an American one. Red ,
  White  and Blue with lots of stars.
Gordon

lastvautour

I found some photos on http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=%3Dcommonwealth%25&airlinesearch=&countrysearch=&specialsearch=&daterange=&keywords=CA-27+Sabre&range=&sort_order=photo_id+desc&page_limit=15&thumbnails= . Also Wings Palette has 20 RAAF profiles at http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww3/f/97  They also have many other users. The profiles unfortunately are all North American F-86s dressed up in other countries' colours. The photos do show the deeper intake in some shots but the fuselage remains a mystery for now.

Lou
If you unfamiliar with Wings Palette just select the country and move to the right of the screen and select page. Select the profile to see a larger version. They are easily downloaded. Once you scroll down to the bottom of the viewed page, the next pages are listed.