• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June 2014 Ping

Started by lastvautour, June 01, 2014, 05:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The gallery is rapidly approaching the 2 million views milestone. Currently at  1,995,699. I figure no later than late tomorrow for the event to occur.

The forum has hosted 2,677,923 visitors to date and should hit the 3 million mark by year's end.

Finished models total 25 to date.

Lou

lastvautour

Just four active project on the bench this month;

1/72 F-86F/Canadair Mk 6
1/72 Republic Seabee
1/72 Mossie Mk II night fighter
1/144 Bonnie

Lou

Balsabasher

Not a lot to report due to problems mentioned in the officers lounge,very unusual for me as well,normal service will be resumed soon as possible when the energy levels return.
Barry.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Finished the Hotspur.
  Made progress on DH 5.
  Beaufort is slowly progressing.
  Have done some work in the the CH 1
  Hope to get  a bit done on the Flycatcher whilst I'm on leave.

Pictures to follow
  Cheers
  Gordon

Pete1616

If having the most projects on the go was a contest, I think I'd win a prize....I was surprised to fine I have six!

A Steen Skybolt....I have until November to finish this, It's a gift for the  pipe major of a band of which I was a member, It has a 12"wing span and will have all the details as he flies one!
Then there's a Vickers Wellington
Vickers Vedette
Beriev R1
Grumman F9F Panther
Northrop Delta on Floats
North American Tornado
Some are awaiting engines, others are awaiting inspiration.
I've been taking pictures of the progress on the Skybolt, and will submit them when I'm done.

Pete
Pete1616

cliff strachan

I'm also AOK, Lou. I'm glad that all that have replied are also OK. But I think that it's a very good idea for Lou to have us check in once in awhile. As you are all aware I just moved to another apartment last Oct 1. And while I have more room to paint and apply the decals to the three lockheeds I have basically completed the carpet doesn't seem to lend itself to the task. Also, as I seem to have arthritis I fall down quite  easily. In fact my daughter thought that it was very funny that I fell down while trying to hold the door open for an "old Lady." Apparently, she believes that there's no one older than me??

Cliff

lastvautour

Humming along, how about you? Two remaining projects on the bench - for now.

Lou

Pete1616

Aside from a fire or flood, what's the worst thing that could happen to your workshop?

If you said "cleaned by my wife" you were correct! It happened on a rain day.....I think my projects will be on hold for a bit....until I discover where things are......Oh well I must admit, after 10 years it need a bit of a cleaning.....Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

Tell Diane to stay out of the man-cave.

Lou

Balsabasher

Cliff I know the feeling and dread dropping anything on the floor especially small parts as retrieving them is painful,getting down is easier than getting up again !

And to Pete the thought of anyone even attempting to clear up my workshop fills me with fear.

Barry.

cliff strachan

Barry, the thing I'm afraid of dropping on the floor is myself.

Cliff.

Pete1616

Some of you may recall my contact with the Canadian Warplane Heritage museum. Well, the curator dropped by last evening and, although impressed with my collection, indicated that their mandate only included Canadian and British aircraft.

So today, I carefully packed two boxes to send to Hamilton with a total of 12 carvings. When they pick them up, I'll fill some more boxes....more space for future carvings.....

I'm still hinting about setting up a table at their wood show and extolling the virtues of being a member of SMM.......Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

Congratulations Pete. Let me know which ones made it to the museum.

Lou

Pete1616

Living in St Catharines, Ontario (a 30 minute drive from Hamilton) I see a bit of history fly over my house at about 1000 feet most weekends...One of only two airworthy Lancasters! A sight and sound I'll never take for granted.....Pete
Pete1616