• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

March 2014 - Ping

Started by lastvautour, March 03, 2014, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Feb saw Jorrit completing his first model and 6 other models. Jeff's magnificent Electra 12, Barry's delightful Short Sealand and my F-5A, F-5B, Vampire and control stick. That was a total of seven completed projects. Let's see if we cab pit do that in March. I see Pete Morro already has one.

Lou
PS stats will be posted when we hit milestones. Our newest member is Spaceranger. Maybe we will see some UFOs??

lastvautour

On my bench  is a 1/144 CC-109 Cosmopolitan and the L-19. In the drawings to be scaled category is a Seabee, Electra 10 and a WWII ID Lancaster.

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings All,

-  1/48 Spitfire, Lancer and Airacobra - Finished

-  1/48 Beaufort - Slight accident during one of the transits to/from home to work. Dropped from a reasonable height. Only
                              damage was both outer wing panels departed company with the rest. Easily overcome.

-  1/32 Gloster IVb - Pushing on with this . Working on float struts and upper wing join. Slowly coming together.

The Beaufort and the Gloster will be occupying most of my available time for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Gordon

Balsabasher

Due to the awful cold damp weather keeping warm and dry has taken priority and nothing to report this month  in the workshop,on the bench lined up are the models listed in my last report all ready for further work on them as the dampness in the air recedes,its all painting work and that looks like its going to keep me occupied rubbing down and primering for a while.

The time has been spent in sorting out my books and drawings which have been stored since the move.

The flying solid model equipped with a video camera was successfully test flown on the first of the month and you can see the flight here.

http://s180.photobucket.com/user/UDAZONE/media/AERIALPHOTOGRAPHYTAILVIEW01022014HOTH-1.mp4.html

Barry.

lastvautour

Nice work Barry. Now just get a live feed, place the camera forward and you would have an AUV

Lou

Balsabasher

Live feed model is under construcion Lou,flight shows onto a screen on the transmitter,there is also potential to fly out of sight via headgear mounted glasses,yes my own UAV and all developed from a hollowed balsa log.

Barry.

lastvautour

Welcome new member Rubberlegs. Please let us know your area of interest and are you making any models now?

Lou

Pete1616

For a change, I sat down and listed my projects for the rest of the year.

All blanks are cut out of eastern red cedar, and, knots and all, will try to complete my list.
  BEriev BE 4....completed.
Supermarine Swift....completed
Boeing YC 14......underway
Supermarine stranraer.....thinking about starting it.
Saab 32 Laarsen.....
McDonnell XP 67 Moonbat
Saab 35 Draaken....
North American F107A
Grumman XP 50
North American B 456 Tornado
Beriev R 1

Yep, lots of strange aircraft here...my specialty!.....Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

Nice list Pete. Looking forward to the next model.

Lou

Balsabasher

Pete its the variety of subjects that really make your collection interesting,a refreshing change from the norm,the B-45 is much under-modelled considering how important it was,even the RAF operated them in clandestine fashion on loan from the USAF pending delivery of the Canberra bomber,I was responsible for exposing their use despite denials by the MOD and my accurate articles were forbidden to be published by the press (see the book 'Britain is an aircraft carrier') it all came out in the end.
Barry.

lastvautour

Saw Barry's artwork in the gallery. Some really good water colours.

Lou

Balsabasher

Glad that you like them Lou,its been a busy month for aviation artwork,venturing into the shed now for some solid modelling activity.
Barry.