• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

February Ping 2014

Started by lastvautour, February 02, 2014, 04:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A short month with 2 days less construction time. We will have to overcome with enthusiasm. Let us know your current projects.

Gallery
7,327 files in 318 albums and 17 categories with 738 comments viewed 1,828,551 time. Quickly approaching the 2M mark.

Forum
Total Members:                   299
Total Posts:               11,715
Total Topics:                 1,063
Total Categories:                       9
Total page views:            2,465,461
Total Boards:                      61
Latest Member:        SpaceRanger
Ave page views per day:  1,100.16

lastvautour

On the bench

1/1 Control grip          No progress
1/48 Hangar              Walls glued and floor painted
1/48 Vampire             Silver + gloss coat added
1/32 CF-5D               Camouflage being applied
1/32 Argus                No progress
1/32 L-19                 Needs new fuselage, wings contoured

Plastic
1/48 Skyraider

Complete Jan 2014 - 1/32 CF-5A and 1/144 DC-3/C-47

Drawing stage - CC-109, Electra 10
Lou

Balsabasher

My word where did January go ? with bitter biting winds not been able to get into my workshop where my only heat source is a bank of road workers lamps which I purchased in Screwfixs sale last year,I am looking forward to warmer weather when work can continue on the many unfinished or airframes still in their primer stage,I have templates cut for the Auster B8 Agricola all ready to cut timber for same,the big Caproni flying boat templates are also ready and waiting in the wings.

The weather has also precluded any flying from my airstrip just through the hedge,interesting development is the purchase of a tiny video camera which will be strapped underneath the wings of a model Tiger Moth and some aerial footage shot of my workshop and bungalow plus the ensuing flight,the camera may also be suitable for some tutorials as it can be strapped to a convenient pillar and allow my hands to be free,what I need to do next is work out how to save the files as at the moment I have done some replays through the AV on my television,as the instructions which were very poor and in Chinese took some working out and it took hours to find out what the coloured LED's represented !

The list remains the same as last months ping except for a simple solid model of the Shorts Sealand amphibian which is currently being hand painted with Humbrol enamels is a domestic environment,I will photograph this when completed.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Lou for all of his hard work and support for the beginners these past few months with his various projects, and for our other hard working team and founders who provide us with this wonderful platform to share our creations and and keeping Solid modelling alive in the process.

Barry aka Balsabasher.

cliff strachan

Barry, good luck with  your Tiger Moth and if you are planning to post some plans for your Moth that would certainly be appreciated.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Some minor work on the L-19 wing and tail plane. Also started with the first three coats of matt black on my control stick grip. Nothing worth photographing yet but at least got some play time. Weather being a downer up til today. The sun is out with -13C.

Lou