• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

September 2013 Ping

Started by lastvautour, September 01, 2013, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Braunlich

Cliff,
Just looked on Wikipedia and they say the Flying Carpet was a modified C-3B.   See link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Halliburton

No longer having a copy of the book, I can't check the photos therein to verify this statement.  Anyway, here's the C-3B three-view.

Mark Braunlich

Here are photos found on line of the Flying Carpet with Richard Halliburton and his pilot Moye Stephens showing the straight trailing edge of the upper wing, confirming that it was indeed a C-3B.  I think the book makes reference to it's colors too but I can't be sure now.
Cliff, were you thinkinking of building this for the ongoing Long Distance Flights Cookup?

cliff strachan

Thank you very much, Mark. But still in the thinking stage. What is needed is some reference to the aircraft's colours. Perhaps there's a reference in Halliburton's book. I've got that someplace but with moving the question is where? It would indeed be a great addition to the Long Distance Flight Cook up. Personally, I'm pretty partial to the "old days" and the early attempts at distance or speed. The crews were pretty daring in those days. No complete medical or mechanical attention. I hope to get more settled soon. Barry is certainly a model in that area.

Cliff.

cliff strachan

To Mark, again. Thanks also for the fine photographs. Boy is that colour scheme going to be hard to guess at.
Cliff.