• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June 2013 Ping

Started by lastvautour, June 01, 2013, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

June stats are as follows:

Gallery

6,821 files in 314 albums and 17 categories with 724 comments viewed 1,566,456 times

Forum

Total Members:                           297
Total Posts:                               9902
Total Topics:                               937
Total Categories:                            9
Total page views:                 1987782

A review of past data indicate an increased number of followers.  Charting "New Post" show valleys lessening and peaks rising.  Active participation trending using "New Post" gives me hope that 2013 will be the best year yet.

June Data  New Topics   New Posts   New Members   Most On-line   Page views

2012               12              185               2                   49              38973

2011               20              306               1                   22              35019

2010               14              103               6                   18              13445

2009               21              154               6                   10              31200

2008                8                56                6                   50              15173

Lou

lastvautour

A graphic representation of June is attached.

Lou

buccfan

The link I posted on Fighter Control has had 167 views, I don't know if it generated any visitors. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

One can always hope Paul.

On my bench today:

Bonnie has had little done in the last
CF-5B is receiving some attention with contour carving and sanding operations
CH-100 sanding has started on the center fuselage
SS Explorer has a few more support post installed for the forward upper decks.

Lou

Balsabasher

My word is it June already ? a few more days and I will be 68 years young,just where has this year gone to ? well I have been busy solving storage problems here at the bungalow and still no workshop/shed to work in as every time I start saving for it something else crops up such as a domestic bill,well I discovered these outdoor plastic storage containers that breathe and so far have purchased three of them assembled and placed them in strategic positions outside,the upper lid lifts and has a hydraulic ram which holds firm and the two front doors open easily,you can get a lot of gear into them sensibly packed.

Its not been a good month health wise again as my cancer problems reared their ugly head rendering me immobile for a week or so and leaving me drained of energy levels when I wanted to do things,but its just something that I have to contend with and get on with my life,its been a few months now since I cut any wood and I am beginning to get withdrawal symptoms,once I get that 12x8 shed then I can start setting up shop again and get building,it will happen but not quickly enough for me !

So many potential models planned but for the moment just need to start restructuring things to get a workshop up and running here,working hard towards that aim.
Barry.

buccfan

Good to hear from you Barry, I hope you get better soon and get back to producing some excellent models for us to marvel at like we used to do. best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Very happy to hear from you Barry. I miss all those projects that inspire me.

Lou

cliff strachan

It's nice to hear from you again Barry. Especially when you remark that you are planning to cut some wood. All of us can surely benefit from the inspiration that only you can impart to SMM - in particular given the vast historical aviation and model building knowledge that you uniquely possess.

Look forward to your many contributions and thoughts.

Cliff.

You're only 68!! Good grief, I didn't realize that this was such a young man's Group.

lastvautour

Very little of June remaining. The photo shows my current situation. The F-5B is coming along but the Vampire hasn't had any work done lately. SS Explorer has some minor work being done and the Bonnie is getting its fair share. The new project is a challenge from a friend who likes lighthouses with solar lights so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

Oh yeah, my 4 deer are done but insulating the basement is throwing all scheduled play time out the door. Let us hear from you before month's end.

buccfan

No more progress from me I'm afraid, similar to you Lou, knocking two rooms into one and all that entails and leads to is taking up most of my time at the moment, I also have a comission for a friend to build a Bucctoon as XX894 at Bruntingthorpe, as he works on them in his spare time keeping them in running order. Hope to make some woodchips soon. Regards Paul J.

Boomerang

No further progress since I updated my board Lou. Away with work at the moment so time is abit tight.
  Will hopefully get something done on the Beaufort later this week.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Managed to find some time to play this week. Did some work on the SS Explorer's forward structure. The lighthouse window are painted and await the lighthouse paint to dry before being attached. And 60 some odd re-enforcement baffles have been made and attached to the bottom of the rear flight deck of the Bonnie. My latest project is HMCS Lanark, Prestonian Class Frigate. I have made two hull plugs so I can modify one to the former River Class Frigate if so desired.

Lou