• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

March 2013 Ping

Started by lastvautour, March 03, 2013, 04:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

March already and income tax filing. Maybe some model construction money???
Regardless lets all hear from you.

Gallery update:

6,757 files in 313 albums and 17 categories with 723 comments viewed 1,465,683 times

Forum update (Condensed)

Members: 288 - Posts: 9595 - Topics: 917 - Categories: 9 - Page views: 1840908

Lou

lastvautour

On the bench:
1/144 HMCS Bonaventure - making starboard aft catwalks
1/48 DH-100 Vampire - shaping fuselage and wing
1/48 MB-339 - paint shop
1/48 Argus - sidelined for now.
Box scale Reindeers - sidelined

1/144 Plastic - CC-137 Husky in paint shop - F-15 X 3 awaiting decals.

Lou

Balsabasher

Settling in still here and planning on putting up a 12x8 shed in the garden in the spring,I need the space to build and et some projects done,moving was highly disruptive but I love this place here in the country with lots of interesting birds visiting my solid model bird table.

The two last projects the Avro Anson's still need finishing with the occasional sand on the wing fillets when I get over to the hangar,I need to get these completed and move onto more models.

Lous Vampire inspired me to build one for myself,memories of formations of 605 squadron,Royal Auxiliary air force aircraft buzzing over on Sunday mornings with their noisy Goblin engines.

During November several solid models went to private collections and museums throughout the world,one going to Russia ! and another to Finland,the money went towards buying soft furnishings for my new home,what I sold did not even make a mark as I have so many models.

A friend down the road has very sadly gone blind and I have taken over his rubber driven/electric flying model collection,all scale subjects that need rebuilding,these will be done when I can slot them in between other projects,he has suffered with glowcoma for some time and had laser surgery that did not go too well,he is a brilliant model builder.

So thats my planned  itinery for March,the nights are getting longer and spring is only around the corner.
Barry.

Oceaneer99

Barry, have fun with the shed.  I built one the same size at a previous house.  It had two skylights, windows, insulation, and double-doors that I could open to really air out the shed in the summertime.  A 750 watt heater set on the lowest setting kept paint and glue from freezing in the winter.  After my wife added curtains, my mother-in-law threatened to move in.

cliff strachan

Perhaps a little late but at least to keep the ball rolling:

Just completed, or almost, 2nd cataract opp. Maybe soon  I'll be able to see the models.

Think I've finished my income tax. Thought so last year but only a couple of weeks ago the Gov. sent me a letter saying that I erred and therefore I owe.

Started two models: a Lockheed L10A and a Lockheed L14. Both only at the block stage. Same scale. Been running around since last summer taking photos for a background. Only modestly successful.

In anticipation of the builds mentioned Just finished the applicable Homemade Decals - and there were a lot of  them - using my handy dandy Laptop with Photoshop programme. Only wonder if it still qualifies  as homebuilt.
Trying to clean up thirty years of "stuff" in anticipation of moving.

Getting old.

Pondering  building a Tiger Moth. Plans selected but what really presents  a problem is just how much engine detail is necessary in view of the fact that DH engines only were visible through that small air intake and the construction of the nose area is made correspondingly more difficult.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Keep planning Cliff. We may be getting older, but like wine, hopefully better.

Printed the flash for the MB-339. It will be slightly over 8 inches long. I will place water on my pane of glass and lay the decal flat.

Lou

lastvautour

Here is an an update on what is on the bench tonight. Left to right, 1/32 CF-5A, behind it are two reindeers, next 3 1/144 F-15, a hand launch balsa 6" Sweepette(?yet to be flown due to weather), 1/144 Boeing &07-720B, 1/48 Vampire, MB-339 and underneath it all the Bonnie. The Banshee with the folded wings is just an experiment to see what it would look like. The 8 assembled Banshees are safely stored waiting for the Bonnie's launch.

Lou

lastvautour

Marsh, thank you for the ship drawings.

Lou