• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

From Photos only!!!

Started by gera, May 09, 2012, 09:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gera

Are you finished Barry???....I am just starting and maybe within two months I´ll finish!!!!!
Gera

Balsabasher

Yes the Handley Page S24 is in the completed models album Gera,but fear not as remember all of the cook-ups are ongoing and never end.
Barry.

cliff strachan

Hi Gentlemen: I'm in  on this Group Build.  But I think that I should try to present my "plan of attack" first.
My approach will be as follows:
  - to get a number of digital photos of the right side of a DH82C that is currently on display at the Western Canada Aviation Museum. This step has been completed and the shots will be offered shortly.
  - To get a number of detailed photos of the left side of this aircraft; especially emphasizing the "wing air speed indicator" - completed;
   - to fit the photos of the right side together - completed;
   - to xerox these photos in order to try to remove as  much of the background as possible (currently the photos contain a lot of the existing aircraft that surround the Moth at the museum).
   - to incorporate this side view with that available from other sources of a DH82A;
   - to incorporate the available top view of a DH82A to arrive at a top view of a DH82C;
   - lastly, and possibly the most difficult part, to select a scale for the model aircraft - one that will not render the model too large but still have the ability to display such details as the wing carried air speed indicator;
   - To build the model.
Cliff

lastvautour

Moving along slowly. I have nearly completed the CU-170 undercarriage with just some fine sanding to be done, sealing and painting.

Lou

cliff strachan

Neato! on the wheels, Lou. I have in the past also used holes in scrap wood to hold small finished parts while gluing or even sometimes painting.Probably many members have also used this method but it's nice to see that it's still helpful.
Cliff.

lastvautour

That is actually an old piece of balsa that has been hanging around my work bench for at least a year. I looked but could not find a drawing of the CU-170 version of the IAI Heron I UAV. So everything is being done as per the group build criteria.

Lou

lastvautour

The CU-170 Heron rolled out this morning to bright sunshine and light winds. A perfect day. The marking placement is guess work as no pictures can be found of the Heron photographed from the correct angles so I used the old grey matter between my ears. The project was fun. An attempt was made to make a 1/72 scale CU-170 to keep the size down. Although it is a small craft the wing span is long. A dime is posed for reference.

Lou

lastvautour

Two additional photos.

Lou

Peter

It looks great Lou! Does the Canadian Military use the Heron?

Peter

buccfan

I like that Lou, is the Heron a Canadian design, or designed elsewhere and bought in?. So many countries and companies are building U.A.V's these days. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

The Heron is built by Israel Aerospace Industries and five were leased for use by our troops. Here is the link to CU-170 data and a few photos.
http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/v2/equip/hst/cu170/index-eng.asp

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for the link Lou, some nice Hawk pics on there too, the Heron is quite a size when you see someone stood next to it for reference.Regards Paul J.

Ken Pugh

Well done, Lou.

This may be the first of many drones to slowly populate our build log.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

Actually, this is the second UAV presented on the site. Gordon's Shadow was the first.

I will start a new cook-up to include the two we have and to inspire others to submit theirs. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=995.0

Lou