• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Past Cook-ups - Grumman Hellcat

Started by davetunison, January 19, 2008, 11:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davetunison

I know there was a cook-up for Spitfires before my time on SMM and one for Japanese WWII last year. What others have there been that I missed?

Oceaneer99

Dave,

I think Ray was compiling a list of the past cook-ups.  Of course, you didn't really "miss" any of them, because they never end.  I'm still working on two Spitfires.  :-)

Garet

R.F.Bennett

There is a list of cook-ups on the left hand side frame at the old MSN site. I believe it is accurate.
http://groups.msn.com/SolidModelMemories/cookupboard.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=3333
"The Dude Abides"

davetunison

Thanks. I just took a look at the list. My idea of combining them all into one model isn't going to work after all!  ::)

dave_t

Was there ever a Hellcat cook-up?  I discovered there are several in the gallery archive carved by various past and present SMM members.

Ken Pugh

Yes, there was a Hellcat cookup.  I plan to make a small one soon for that one.  I am also working on a display 1/16 scale Guillow's Hellcat.  It is planked and the tail surfaces are solid.  That one isn't exactly solid so I will post it in my "Hollow" gallery.  I plan to make a couple of 1/72 Hellcat's, one for me and one for the gentleman who owns the monster Hellcat.

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

I really intend to finish my Hellcat . . . . soon.

Cliff

lastvautour

Cliff, this is the closest I can come to the Hellcat cook-up as it did not survive the transition to this site as a stand alone post. I notice that you mention real soon in your last message dated 2009.

cliff strachan

Thanks Lou. Of course for me "real soon" can take a bit of time.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Barry's contribution to a very old cook-up. Excellent rendition Barry.

lastvautour

This was my 1/48 scale Hellcat. I believe it was my first cook-up project. I will see if I can round up other Hellcats from the gallery.

Lou

Balsabasher

We have always had a fond spot for the chunky Hellcat here and the various models constructed have done credit to this subject,it also shows that the ongoing build cook up works as various models are pulled together over the years and are now surfacing,on reflection the Hellcat build must have been over 5 years ago ? it was certainly my first cook up here and one that has been very enjoyable as well.
To Ken your models have solid model elements so that works fine,there is lots of block parts to carve in these type of models and the system fits in nicely.
Barry.

lastvautour

I found a picture pf Kenny's Hellcat, but none that show it completed.

And the same for Roger's Hellcat.

Would either member advise as to the status of their build?

Lou

lastvautour

There is no Hellcat drawings in the WWII ID plan section. Does anyone know where it may have gone or if there ever was one?

Lou

Oceaneer99

Lou,

There is an F4F (Wildcat) but no F6F (Hellcat).  I'd never noticed that before!  I checked the Smithsonian's master list and do not see an F6F plan in the list of ID models.

Garet