• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 Airco DH 5 Stárted July 2012 Completed 26 June 2015

Started by Boomerang, May 23, 2014, 05:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Engine and cowl attached. Had to do some fine tuning on inside of cowl.
  Filled in the join line of the cowl just needs some fine snading.
  Bottom wing being readied for attachment.

Pic to follow

Boomerang

Engine and cowling attached.

lastvautour

Looks fantastic Gordon. Looking forward to the finished model.

Lou

cliff strachan

I'm probably obligated to report to Lou that relative to  his very fine poster I've managed to Download a copy from which I had printed Five copies that I
intend to dispense to local authorities that may be interested.

Cliff.

lastvautour

I printed mine also but have not visited my local shop where I purchase my modeling supplies. It is mostly paints and decal film. We are expecting a bit of weather for the next few days, so construction should move right along. Following that I will place the poster there.

Lou

Boomerang

Worked on lower wing to fuselage join.
  Have applied some "Archer"  WW1 lacing to the cowl area. Bit fiddly but looks OK . See what happens when paint goes on.
  Have trimmed and shaped some bamboo skewer for the tailplane braces.
  Intend to do everything related to the fuselage decals , slacing atc.., before putting lower wing on.

Gordon

lastvautour

Good idea. Makes it easier to handle the model. Looking forward to more progress reports.

Lou

Boomerang

Lacing applied and painted. Instrument panel glued on.
  White decal paper used for fuselage roundel backing , flight number and squadron marking.
  Will apply fuselage roundels and then the fun begins ( start putting things together)

Boomerang

Fuselage roundels applied. Squadron code and flight number added using white decal paper.
  Lost one of the rudder decals( slight bit of miss handling ... trying to use opposable thumb and forefinger as tweezers)
  Will have to wait till I'm home next print one off.

Cheers
  Gordon

lastvautour

Well done Gordon. The fuselage finish is very realistic.

Lou

Boomerang

Bottom wing and tailplane have been attached. So just rolling along and pulling it all together.

Gordon

Boomerang

Suffered some damage around the cockpit on the last transit home.
Repaired that . Have decided to put the struts on then do the rigging and put the top wing on.
  Followed by the undercarriage
Centre section struts are just "slightly" out. I think it can be overcome with a bit of judicious bending whilst holding the
  my tongue at the right angle.
  Rather than sustain any more damage I've left it at home this time.

Cheers

lastvautour

It would be a shame to damage it before completion. It looks fantastic so far.

Lou

Boomerang

Slowly coming together.
  Bit of fine tuning required on struts and plan of attack for the rigging.
  I had to make up another rudder decal so changed the printer setting to "gloss photo paper".
Came out better than the ones before so apart from the fuselage decals I'll use the new ones.
In the pic the Flycatcher is waiting its turn for some attention.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I can see the scrape marks on the left decal sheet. I get that rarely, but I still get it sometimes when the paper does not lay flat against the rollers. The right sheet looks excellent.

Lou