• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 Airco DH 5 Stárted July 2012 Completed 26 June 2015

Started by Boomerang, May 23, 2014, 05:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Still plodding along. ..
Still have to make up a pitot.
Have applied some Matt Clear ( by brush)to the decals to knock them back a bit.
Bit of a surprise when crackling appeared but I remembered someone in a plastic model mag experiencing the same thing.
All he did was walk away and come back in the morning and all was good. Similar thing happened when I did the lower wing ones as an experiment. Came out Ok. Bit worried about the rudder but I'll see what the result is when I check tomorrow.
Cheers

Gordon

cliff strachan

Gordon is there any special way to walk? I should know about this way in fixing mistakes as I've
been walking for years.
Cliff.

Boomerang

Cliff,
No, I meant it as a euphemism . I observed the results and went Mmmmm!
At this stage of the project I don't need any problems.
The results after letting things dry are OK. From 3 feet away and if you squint its hardly noticeable.
On with the pitot.....

Cheers
  Gordon

lastvautour

The three foot viewing distance is ideal for most models. Even museum quality models have some small flaw. Stand off scale in flying model uses a 3 meter/20 foot distance for static judging. In that light most models look fantastic. I digress, your models to date do not need that 6 meter distance. Looking forward to the final photo spread.

Lou

Boomerang

Thanks Lou,
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting progressively larger.
Cheers

Gordon

Mark Braunlich

Your D.H.5 looks great Gordon.  I've always loved the subject.  Don't want to hijack your thread so feel free to delete this post but I wanted to show you my 1/24 scale rubber powered free flight model.  I built this about 1984 and I am still flying it :).   I have a nice almost scale prop for it but it flies much better with the red plastic prop.  The photo of meself on the field was taken at the famous Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in New York State in the Spring.

lastvautour

Boomerang

No worries Mark. Model looks terrific ! Still flying since 1984. Well done!
Is Rhinebeck still running?

Pitot has been added . Nearly done.

Pictures to follow.
Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Finished.
A couple of pictures.

I'll add some more when I finish the base.

Lou, I think you once put up how you did your multiple pictures. A point in the right direction would help.

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Boomerang

Thank you Paul.

Took a bit longer than expected.

Cheers

Gordon

Mark Braunlich

lastvautour

Boomerang

Thank you Mark.