• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Sea Witch

Started by Marsh, December 09, 2011, 08:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh

Lou, It's a nice site (I am now a member) . Some things in the ins. on the case making I am not sure of, but if you have a go some time I can see how you get on. I think a nice small model would look good in one.
Peter, The weather in the north ease of England is cold but OK (not like last year snow, snow and more snow). Last year my wife's mam was on her last legs 91 years old and we had a bad year going back and faword with her to hospital.
I have put the dolphin striker on the ship about 4 times, but that's me.
ATB Marsh.

Marsh

More spars and rigging.

Marsh

Jim

What a sweet job that is!
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Marvelous. The Sea Witch is more impressive every time we see her.

Lou

Peter

She's looking very good Marsh. Your and Lou's rate of work amazes me.

Peter

Marsh

Peter,  I am not up to Lou's work or the work of a lot of people on this site, but it's  a lot of fun to make models.
ATB  Marsh.

Balsabasher

I have a lot of admiration for people who can make sailing ships like this,I have only done restoration work on a Galleon that my dear wife purchased in a wrecked state,it needed quite a bit of sorting out especially the rigging,I think it started life as one of those 'Hobbies' kits ?
Barry.

Marsh

Hi All,  That's just about it with the Sea Witch, now on with the Mercury Gnome glider (made this once in the 60s)
ATB Marsh.

lastvautour

Awesome work Marsh. I envy your ship building skills.

Lou

Balsabasher

Beautiful workmanship,and that little Gnome is a good flier,I once built two of them and they will keep you fit chasing them !
Barry.

Peter

Very nicely done Marsh. You have inspired me to finish my solid hull model of a 1900 steam tug. Now I just have to find the time.

Peter ;D

Will

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I recently bought a copy of a book from our local "cheapy" book shop that covers building the "Sea Witch" and includes plans.  Its a Dover reproduction of a 1925 book.

"Ship Models and How to Build Them"; Davis, Charles G.; Dover Publications Inc, NY; 1986
ISBN - 13: 978-0-486-25170-7

I thinks its a nice little paperback with a period charm such as SMM members like: the reviewers on Amazon have kind of missed the point!

Will

Balsabasher

Will someone has just given me a supper little book called 'The Model Shipbuilder' by Commander Hutchison RN,its got loads of plans and templates in it,are you familiar with this book Will ?

Barry.

Marsh

Barry,  I hope it's a good book, just bought it on the internet. Might get it in a week or so.
Marsh.