• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2022 May Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 01, 2022, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

May starts with the promise of summer just around the corner. This period starting fairly soon, usually spells a slowdown on SMM due to outside activities being on the increase.

April Forum saw the following:
9 new topics, 126 new post and 167579 new views.
The Gallery reports  4,187,124 total views.

Jim aka Fingers gave us an excellent Morane Saulnier AI in 1/60 scale

I posted two new additions in 1/144 scale - Bell Ch-118 Iroquois and a Bell CH-135 Twin Huey.

I ask that if you received this, please email me to tell me.   louisvautour@outlook.com

Lou

lastvautour

Things are progressing slowly on my bench with several steps having to be redone due to my poorly conducted research.

1/144 Mil Mi-17 - windscreen/side cockpit windows decals are in their third printing - I may get it right eventually
1/72 Dassault Falcon - engine nacelles have been removed and new one require shaping - decals printed
1/72 Argus - idle for the month of April. I hope to do some work on the wing this month
1/48 Beechcraft Expeditor - Silver applied and curing prior to removing the masking tape - decals printed
1/32 De Haviland Gypsy Moth - painted and awaiting assembly - cockpit details yet to be done
1/32 TBA - tail plane rough cut - major components still in block form

Lou

Gearup

My non model list is shrinking a bit so I hope to start a model soon. I may do an aircraft with an interesting backstory and family connection.
Fraser

Boomerang

BAT FK26 progressing slowly.

Siskin IIIa - Progressing slowly also.

Heading into winter over here.

Stay safe all.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Fraser, perhaps you could do a tutorial of your next model.

Gordon, feels like winter is still here with heavy snow forecasted about 500 km away from us.

Lou

Gearup

That will be fun to do.  It is going to be a simple monoplane from the early 30's. Just gathering up details before I start.

It still feels like winter here in south west BC. Highs of 12c and rain, rain rain...lots of snow on the mountains across the river.

Fraser

Model Maker

Lou:

Pete M. and I have been trying to contact you by email on two different topics, but don't seem to have your current email address. Wondering if you could drop us a quick email so we have your current email. I believe you have our current emails on file.

Thanks - ken n.

Dave T

Hi Lou,
      I am still around and yes, still carving, just not as much as when I had a real workshop. A couple of new 1/230 planes are in the works for my airfield, a Piper Aerostar and a Rockwell U-9A, both still need some paint and landing gear. The Aerostar details looks a bit rough at the moment as my fine-tip brush gave out. See photos...

lastvautour

You are nailing those "Small Gems". They are excellent with details most of us would not be able to do. Thank you for posting. I await your next project.

Lou