• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Badger 200 airbrush DIY 1 cc paint cups

Started by Gearup, November 18, 2021, 09:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

I have an old (very old) Badger 200 airbrush that I recently rejuvenated. It was missing the bottle that screwed onto the cap, but it was also a 1 ounce (30cc) bottle. This size of bottle is way too large for the small amounts of paint I use on models. I decided to see of i could make a small paint cup instead of looking to get another glass bottle.

The fitting for the old plastic paint suction-tube fits nice and snug inside 1/8" brass tubing. I cut a piece of tube about 3/4" long and soldered it to the side of a standard 1/2" copper pipe end-cap leaving a small gap at the bottom for the paint to enter. The full volume of the new paint cup is 2cc. Since this is to the brim, i only use it with less than 1 cc, which is about 25 drops of paint. The total cost was less than a dollar.

The attached pictures show the soldering of the tube to the side of the cup. A bit of flux was placed on the parts with small pieces of solder laying beside the tube while they were held in position with self closing tweezers.

Regards,
Fraser

lastvautour

Excellent idea Fraser. I never mastered soldering despite it being part of my technical training.

Lou

PS I had a Badger 200 for many years. I now use(infrequently) a Testor Aztec.