• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Transport boxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Completed 15 Jun 08)

Started by lastvautour, June 11, 2008, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The photos contained were deleted from photobicket rendering the linked images unusable. I will see if I can find those images in my archives.

Lou

Here is the first photo of the transport box ready to go.

More to come.

Lou

lastvautour

Part two:
The top form is removed to reveal the BAe Hawk nicely cushioned in foam.

The layers of 1/4 inch foam are glued using plain white glue, wood blocks to apply pressure and patience.

More to come.
Lou

teddon61

Excellent transportation box Lou! Bet you could drop it from a building without damaging the model within.
Thanks for sharing this super idea.
Ted Billings

lastvautour

Additional foam is removed to show the top of the 1/48 Skyshark.

More foam is glued together and removed to reveal the Skyshark and the tip of the 1/24 Freedom Fighter. The object to the right is the Hawk stand and the blue object below is the stand for the F5

cliff strachan

Lou, that appears to be a very efficient way of transporting, and even storing models, if the occasion requires.

I thought that I should describe a method that I have employed in the past that, while particularly if not exclusively adapted to smaller and lighter balsa type models may still be of some use to members. Years ago I used a cardboard suit box to store and move my models. The box was made protective - providing much care in handling was still taken - by threading thread in a crosspatch manner through the sides of the cardboard box. The models were then suspended and held on and through the threading.

Although this method is not very technically sophisticated it is quick to put together and  works in a pinch. My folks even moved my models around over the years as they moved and I was away.

Cliff.

lastvautour

Packing the box takes lest than 5 minutes. The sequence is as follows.

place the top cover and Bob is your uncle.