• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Hall's Bulldog Racer

Started by FlyingS, December 08, 2017, 09:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingS

OK this is another experiment for the Halls Bulldog 1/48 scale. I had a bunch of cedar planks, like you put in a closet. I glued the planks together. I plan to paint the black graphics and leave the red part natural wood. We will see how the planks look after carving.

lastvautour

Boomerang

Looking forward to it.

Gordon

FlyingS

Got most of the parts cut out for the Bulldog. The engine cowl looks like a rock right now, we will see how it comes out. The
De Havilland is in the background. Had to fit the wing in an odd piece of bass wood I had left. I'll slice it to thickness on the bandsaw.

lastvautour

buccfan

Looking good, regards Paul J.

FlyingS

Just to prove I'm still modeling! Holidays and family stuff haven't had a lot of personal time. But...You need to make it ugly before you can make it a thing of art!

lastvautour

The block stage is so full of promise.

Lou

FlyingS

Finally got back to my work bench so I thought I would post my latest work. I was struggling with the shape of the wing, but I think I'm getting it right. Just needs some final sanding and it will be ready to glue in place. The landing gear started but it will be another challenge.

Boomerang

buccfan

lastvautour

Beautiful wood colouring. Shaping up nicely.

Lou

Flying T

hows the bulldpg,finished? been looking at details of my ww1 proj. Bristol brisfit f2d,making it 1/32.
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

FlyingS

Just to prove I'm still around here is an update. (Been away from my work bench for a while). This isn't ending up the way I had planed it. I initially just wanted the black graphics and the natural cedar, but I messed up on the black so I decided to paint the red but it has taken several coats because of the varying  color of the grain of the cedar planks. I just need to do the white pin striping to do then clear coat it.

lastvautour

Beautifullu done paint scheme.

Lou