• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

SMM Awareness Program

Started by lastvautour, September 25, 2017, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I would ask everyone who has a Facebook account or belongs to any group or image hosting site promote SMM in whatever matter you can. Fall is an ideal time to get those new builder who are looking for something to replace their summer outdoor time. I posted the following to a Facebook group and will do so to other places as well. Note I disguised my add in the form of promoting our yearly poster. Let us go get them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1841532386133008/

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,

Apart from SMM I'm not on social media.

However, there is a scale model exhibition on here in November and there is a section for
"Scratch built" Non members.
My daughter in law put the Gloster IV in one year.

My plan is to put a couple of models in and make up a some labels which include SMM details.

Cheers
Gordon

lastvautour

Excellent Gordon. I used to display at plastic model contests. At least there was conversations and knowledge being exchanged.

Lou

Flying T

and I am an old bugger too,,,,i am at the SHAW FLEA MKT,next door to shaw afb,have a store there and set up a display of
simple sw kits bases on mags from the 30s,plan stick sheet,giving away the plans,just pay for materials,my builds are there,trying to get kids of all ages interested.
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)

lastvautour

Good for you. If we could only get them started in their teens. The attraction of just gluing and painting plastic is great.

Lou

lastvautour

I joined four new Facebook modeling groups and posted the following photos. Reaction is very positive.

Lou

Flying T

I also belong to several groups and when I finish a vintage type stick model and take a pic of it I put one of my solids in the pic for scale and interest.people think they cant do any of this because of this and that.i think they have to make a museum piece and they know they cant so they don't try. I tell them u can make one the way u like it,practice. I try to give a lot of illusion to mine,like see this pilot.it is just a round ball pin on a scrap of wood, just have to try this,i make different sanding blocks with the templates and it works really great
FLYING T (AKA. LARRY)