• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Mustang Mk IV.......................................{Completed 24 Dec 2017)

Started by lastvautour, August 08, 2017, 12:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Major shaping has taken place and sanding is well along.

Lou

lastvautour

A move to the paint booth. Since I use primer as a wood filler/sealer there will be many more visits.

Lou

lastvautour

Sanded with 600 grit and a thin spray of primer clearly show where work is needed.

Lou

buccfan

Coming on Lou, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

lastvautour

At least four coats of primer, two coats of buffable metallic aluminum and a top coat of clear polyurethane. I have since painted the canopy and made the decals. Exhaust stacks are done and coated black I will use copper to give that rusted look. Maybe 2017 build??? Maybe a few hours tomorrow and maybe again on Wed. It will be a close call.

Lou

lastvautour

A bit of a push and she rolled out late this afternoon. This is a post war Mustang IV belonging to RCAF 416 Squadron circa early 1950s. Mustangs were a stopgap measure while waiting for the Canadair Sabres. 416 Sqn Mustangs were plain Janes and with a few exception just carried roundels, fin flash and a serial number. Most had a red rudder.

Lou

Boomerang

In one post in primer. Next a day later FINISHED! . Well done ! Looks Great.

Merry Christmas

Gordon

lastvautour

The primer photo was on 2 Dec and completion on 24th. Lots of primer and lots of sanding.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Lou

buccfan

Excellent Lou, the paint finish has a real sheen to it, well done.Regards and seasons greetings Paul J.

lastvautour