• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Stuka

Started by Jim, February 27, 2013, 04:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

I recently finished the building phase of another project -- a Stuka. Finished building, but haven't gotten around to painting yet because of other commitments. Anyhow, here's a couple "nekkid" photos of the nasty Junkers, on its way to the paint shop...
And so it goes...

cliff strachan

A real nice Stuka.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Great looking Stuka. The details are superb. Need some close up photos when you get it painted. What plans did you use?

Lou

Jim

Quote from: lastvautour on February 27, 2013, 06:19:19 PM
Great looking Stuka. The details are superb. Need some close up photos when you get it painted. What plans did you use?

Lou

I used the ID model plan. Just added few details: dive sirens and dive brakes, bomb and cradle, etc...
And so it goes...

Balsabasher

Very impressive Fingers,the Stuka always a challenge has been captured very well indeed by yourself.
Barry.

Jim

And finally...After two years of procrastinating and being sidetracked by other hobbies, jobs, etc., I finally managed to get the Stuka painted. Had some trouble with the decals, unfortunately. Instead of making my own, as usual, this time I bought some on-line. They looked great in the envelope, but all too often they came apart when I tried to use them. So I'm not as happyt as I might have been. But I'm glad the job is done, and it's not the worst thing I've ever done...
And so it goes...

lastvautour

It looks fantastic. The decals sure made this model shine.

Lou

Boomerang

Looks great!
  Gordon

lastvautour

What scale it your Stuka?

Lou

Jim

1:72.  I  used the I.D. Models plan/templates...
And so it goes...

Model Maker

It may have taken a while, but it was sure worth the wait. The model looks great.

- ken