• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Bandsaw

Started by lastvautour, April 05, 2012, 08:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I purchased a new bandsaw but am experiencing vibration a bit more than I woud like. I am in the process of swapping out the blade when I was called away. More later.

Lou

Peter

Hi Lou,

I have a scroll saw to reduce vibration I placed a rubber mat underneath it. It has reduced the vibration by about 50%.

Peter

lastvautour

Thanks Peter, I will try that.

Lou

Balsabasher

It sounds like a pulley wheel out of balance Lou,I had the same problem and swopped the pulley wheel and it fixed the problem,if a bearing is badly pressed into place they can wobble and cause the vibration.
My problem is with these new fangled solonoid type on/off switches,they fail very quickly and dust migrates into them as well,I have just had to order a new switch because they asked me to take it back to the shop,no way am I going to do that ! too big and heavy,I have had these switches fail on all sorts of power equipment,they are just not man enough for the job.
Barry.

Balsabasher

Carpet underlay works well for anti-vibration.
Barry.

buccfan

Nice looking saw Lou, I keep looking at mine and thinking I could do to replace mine, it's seen better days.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

This actually my third bandsaw. One is sitting with a broken tire that I cannot replace due to the model being out of style. Next big garbage day is next month so I will cruse the road for a similar saw. The other still works but I cannot get blades for it. It is a Sears brand and whoever made them was out to lunch on blade sizes. The new one has 59 1/2 inch blade which is common around here.

Lou

Balsabasher

Thats the problem with bandsaws,some are difficult to get parts for as the companies phase new models in,I have also had the oddball blade problem as well in the past,there is a company that can supply any size to order but you need to order 6 blades at a time,there is also a gadget I understand that will re-weld blades,the last saw I had was patched up by me but the bearings went eventually,too much hassle and time to buy new which I did and not regretted it.
Barry.