• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Some old home brew drawings uploaded-Percival Proctor 3.

Started by Balsabasher, August 09, 2011, 10:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Today I have uploaded a rather old and primitive home brew drawing of a Percival Proctor 3,the plan is over 55 years old and was actually made sitting alongside the full sized aircraft,I took the sketch home and made a solid model from it the following day,here is part of that item ( the rest are in the new pictures/plans section ) it gave me such a thrill to find it and it has been left in its sketchy state untouched for all of that time to show an example of my early work,I intend to make a replica as a bit of nostalgia.
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

Barry,
G-ALCK still exists so if you missed any detail you can hop over and see her again.   Always liked the Percivals.   Good luck with the model.   Here's a recent view of her:

http://www.planesandchoppers.com/picture/number12658.asp

I'm amazed when I look at my old drawings and plans.  I had the eyesight of a hawk when I was young and made some very nice drawings.   Now I just slap down lines good enough to do the job at hand.   I worked at the draughting table for many years before the advent of CAD but I still do the majority of my model drawings / plans by hand.   

Mark

Balsabasher

Our eyes only let in a fifth of the light than when we were younger,I agree once we were capable of crisp line drawings and I am amazed when I stumble across them today,but we get by !
Barry.