• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Help with logging in to main site

Started by tycobb9999, January 21, 2009, 07:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tycobb9999

Hello guys,

Please help me here. I tried to log into the main site, solidmodelmemories.net. However, after logging in with username (tycobb9999) it would not take my password. I know it was the password I have used in the past, but since it wouldn't take it, I hit "forgot my password". It said an email was sent (to [deleted]), but it was never sent. Can an admin or moderator help me? Thanks!

Also, can someone tell me why the forum and main site must be logged into separately, and why there's not a link to each site from the other? Thanks again!

tycobb9999

I see that my post was edited by a moderator, but still no help logging in. No message was sent to my email address either. I read the FAQ's on the main site, but still no luck logging in. Can someone please help? Thanks.

tycobb9999

23 views of my request, my post edited by an administrator, and not one offer of assistance. Thanks a lot for the help, guys.

Oceaneer99

For some reason, e-mails to your address haven't gotten through, which included an e-mail from me asking where you were unable to log in, and another from Ray about why the gallery is separate from the forum, and probably one from the system with password help. Fortunately, the IM system seems to work okay.

We've now been in contact with him via IM and I have reset the password (he was unable to log in to the gallery, though was able to log into the forum).

In general, we try to respond fairly quickly, but sometimes we find the situation to be more complex.  I had cc:ed the e-mails to you to the other admin members, so everyone thought I was helping you.  We usually do this to make sure we're not stepping on each other while we try to fix an account. 

To top things off, I received a message from a different member about their e-mail address being wrong, which I mistook to be a message from you (and seemed to make sense based on the e-mails not getting through!)  My apologies for the confusion.  Fortunately, I saw that you were on-line and tried the IM.

FYI your message was edited to delete you e-mail address to protect you from spammers, who are pretty fast about harvesting e-mail addresses.

Garet

R.F.Bennett

I sent this one too Ty on the 21st as well as Oceaneer;

QuoteActually I'm the only one who can log in at solidmodelmemories.net, That is the site owners page for modifying the site.
That's probably why you couldn't get anywhere there. To log into the forum you need to go too; http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php
To log into the gallery you need;  http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/

You can find links to both of these at; http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/
Complicated, yes, but that's the way it had to be set up.

You'll note the smm appears before solidmodelmemories. That stands for solidmodelmemories at solidmodelmemories dot network.

RFB

If you suspect your mail from this site or it's administrators is being filtered out you need to set your spam filter to allow messages from solidmodelmemories.net

Google Mail filters it sometimes and I'm not sure who else does. There is no way for me to tell if this is happening unless I personally e-mail a member, then the message is often a nondescript error message. Garet and I go through this weekly with someone who has forgotten their password and if I read that e-mail at 2 AM I look into the problem at 2 AM and do my best to solve it.

Make sure that if you change your email address, you UPDATE your membership profile both here and in the gallery.
Make sure your e-mail filter is set to allow email from solidmodelmemories.net
Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies from solidmodelmemories.net
Please write down your log in name and password somewhere.
If you aren't going to contribute to either the forum or to the gallery there is no need to sign up for either. You can still access everything you would want to see on the site. You can still download ALL plans and read all postings. You just can't add your own. But if your not going too anyway ? . . .

There is no big corporation behind Solid Model Memories, We have no staff, We are just as baffled by the computer/internet world as you are. It's just Me (RFBennett) Oceaneer (Garet) Lastvatour (Lou) and Kenny holding the thing together. Not withstanding some dedicated builders and plan donors who know who they are.
So if things aren't perfect, I'm sorry we are all doing the best we can and it gets a little discouraging when 90 percent of the membership NEVER says a word.
"The Dude Abides"

tycobb9999

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it. I am perplexed as to why my email is not working, but I'll look into it. I have been a member here for some time, as I was on the old MSN group. I admire the spectacular work you guys do. I am also a huge fan of the old Air Trails,Flying Aces, etc. I said was trying to log into the main site, but it was actually the gallery (I erroneously thought that WAS the main site) because I was wanting to look into downloading some of the old plans/decals from that site. Maybe I can do it without logging in?

Thanks again!

Scott

lastvautour

Scott, what are you planning on making?

Lou

Oceaneer99

Scott,

Yes, you can download all plans without logging on.  You only need to log on to post images.  Let us know when you are ready to post photos of your projects and we will set you up with an album.

Garet

tycobb9999

Quote from: lastvautour on January 23, 2009, 02:15:50 PM
Scott, what are you planning on making?

Lou

I haven't decided yet. Something nostalgic and something that would have been originally available in solid. I'm leaning toward a B-10 or an Airacuda, although an early model B-17 (YB-17, B-17B) may be a possibility.

I won some old plans for the Airacuda off Ebay a while ago, so I may start with that. Thanks.

Scott 

lastvautour

tycobb9999

Quote from: lastvautour on January 23, 2009, 08:08:05 PM
What is your preferred scale?

Lou

I prefer 1/72, though if I ever did a multi-engined bomber, even the B-10, I think I'd do it in 1/144. I am flipping through the galleries as I get the chance, to see if there are any of those wonderful old 20's/30's aircraft, and I've seen some fantastic items from you guys. I've not seen an early B-17, Airacuda, or B-10, but I'm sure someone has done one or more. I also have a soft spot for the old Vindicator, Devastator, P-26, well, you get the idea...

Scott 

cliff strachan

Might have some B10 three-views.

Cliff

tycobb9999

Cliff,

That would be great, especially if they have station profiles. Are they posted in the gallery?

Scott

cliff strachan

Hi Scott,

I'm still looking for the 3-views that I've in mind. However, they don't have cross sections. But I'll get right at it.

Cliff.