• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

RCAF 100th - 1/144 Agusta Westland CH-149 Cormorant 9 Mar 2023 - 26 Apr 2023

Started by lastvautour, March 09, 2023, 06:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Another 1/144 model is on my bench with this Agusta Cormorant Search and Rescue helicopter.

Lou

lastvautour

The main rotor blades are cut and under tension to get the droop. The fuselage's multiple shapes are glued and rough sanded.

Lou

lastvautour

The five-bladed main rotor is complete and in the paint booth.

Lou

Gearup

so many shapes for the model! I like how you curved the rotor blades. Did you wet them?
Fraser

lastvautour

I placed the blades on a block and secured both ends. I then places a round toothpick under the center of the blade and added water to the convex side. The fuselage in in the paint shop. I have ordered decals from CanMilAir.

Lou

lastvautour

The rotors are finished and ready for installation. The second photo shows them test fitted to the fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

Thank you. Good drawings are rare and should have sought out the plastic kit route first. I found a few errors that the camera will hide so I am proceeding. I downloaded some kit instructions from Scalemates (photos below). It is a great source for kit instructions.

Lou

Gearup

Thanks for the source tip. Models coming along nicely. Again love the 144 helicopters!
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. The Cormorant is back in the shop for fuselage modifications. The rear area of the cargo area needs rework.

Lou

lastvautour

Cormorant is once again fully painted and ready for decals.
CanMilAir markings arrived last week.

Lou

lastvautour

The Cormorant is once again in the paint shop after some additional major modifications to the rear fuselage. Decals have arrived and the incorrect rear fuselage profile was realized when I fitted the fuselage flash.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 26 Apr 2023 after much anxiety and several reworks.

Lou

Gearup

The low angle picture of the Cormorant in the hangar really brings it to life. Beautiful model Lou.
Fraser

lastvautour