• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Roelant Verhoeven Novice builder

Started by lastvautour, August 04, 2022, 09:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I came across Roelant while posting to Facebook I hope he will join us.

Lou

Boomerang

Couple of my favourites here.

Hope he joins us.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I also hope he does. His Westland Pterodactyl stumped me for a while. I am still researching his float biplane.

Lou

Roeland

Gearup

Hello and welcome Roland!  You certainly have a great assortment of unusual models. I don't think I could name one of them :) and I look forward to seeing more of your models. There is certainly no shortage of information on solid models on this website. I hope that you enjoy visiting here and please share your craft for all to see!

Regards
Fraser

lastvautour

Here are some ships made by Roeland.

Lou

Jim

That is SOME collection of ships!

I think Roelant's first aeroplane is a Loening OA-1A.
And so it goes...

Gearup

Great looking fleet for sure! Would like to see some highlights of the collection a bit closer.

Fraser

lastvautour

Another French design from Roeland. It is a Dewoitine 371 in 1/72.

Lou

Gearup

Well done model at 1:72. Small open cockpit aircraft at that scale are a real challenge

Thanks,
Fraser

lastvautour

Roeland's 1/72 Loire 46. The Bell Airacuda is on his bench.

Lou

Boomerang

Excellent work so far. I often look at the early French designs.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

The Airacuda is finished. Great build Roeland.

Lou

Gearup

Certainly was an innovative design. Provide each crewmen their own fuselage! I think the spinning props behind the gunners would have given added incentive to be accurate with their aim ;). thanks for the colourful model of this aircraft. Well done.
Fraser

lastvautour

Here is a nice 1/48 scale Renard 36 from Roeland.

The Renard R.36 was a Belgian all-metal fighter aircraft designed by Alfred Renard to replace the Fairey Firefly IIM within the Belgian Air Force. Designed to improve on the Renard Epervier, which was never adopted by the Belgian government, the prototype R.36 first flew on 5 November 1937. Following testing the R.36 was selected by the Belgian Air Force in late 1938, with 40 aircraft provisionally ordered, to be delivered in two years.

However, on 17 January 1939 the prototype, OO-ARW, crashed near Nivelles, killing pilot Lt. Viscount Eric de Spoelberch. The official investigation was inconclusive, no evidence of material failure being discovered, with the most probable causes being radio equipment coming loose during a high-G maneuvers, jamming the controls, or the pilot becoming incapacitated. The airframe had accumulated 75:30 hours' flight time. The order was then dropped in flavor of license production of the Hawker Hurricane by SABCA