• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary 1/48 Curtiss Tomahawk 9 Jan 2021 - 19 Feb 2021

Started by lastvautour, January 22, 2021, 08:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The Curtiss Tomahawk MK I (P-40B equivalent) is a concurrent build with the Kittyhawk Mk I (P-40P equivalent) in the group/cook-up build. Fuselage is block shaped, wings contoured and sanded as well as the tail feathers. Exhaust, belly pan and undercarriage knee joint are also block forms. Build details will not be posted here as they are duplicates to the group build.

Lou

The USAAF P-40s were named Warhawk while the British Commonwealth were the Tomahawk(P-40 A-D) and the Kittyhawk(P-40E and above).

lastvautour

All parts attached and filler applied. Next, sanding and priming for RACF 118 Sqn colours.

Lou

lastvautour

First sanding is done and my Tomahawk Mk I awaits primer.

Lou

lastvautour

Camouflage applied and decals are printed. The code letter are getting a coat of "Sky". The larger letters are easier to mask.

Lou

lastvautour

the previous code letters proved to be too large, hence new ones. The upper set are painted "Sky".

Lou

lastvautour

RCAF 400 Sqn Tomahawk is complete. It make a fine companion to the RCAF 188 Sqn Kittyhawk.

Lou

buccfan

Ver nice Lou, I'me having trouble keeping up with your builds, what I've seen and not seen!!!!, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Gearup

Nice looking pair of P40's! I especially like the yellow leading edges.
Regards,
Fraser

lastvautour

Most allied aircraft in Europe during WWII had them to avoid shooting down their own.

Lou

lastvautour

Thank you Gordon. I wish I had an alps printer for whites and light colours.

Lou