• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2020 Solid Model Memories Yearbook

Started by lastvautour, December 28, 2020, 09:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

2020 will feature a 70 page yearbook featuring our projects in a larger format. This approach is undertaken as the image aspects vary to much from members. This makes it impossible to resize to a common aspect suitable for the poster. This new format enable me to add the subject name and scale. Here is the revised version. I would appreciate some comments.

Lou

10kDA

Lou,
Looks great! Thanks for doing this.
Chris K

Jim

Lou:
Love the format. Nice work.
Just a couple corrections on the names: It should be Hanriot HD-1, Spad VII, and Pfalz D-IIIa...
And so it goes...

R.F.Bennett

Great job Lou!  :o ??? ;D 8)
Great job with graphics too!
Fun fact Lou, I started SMM in the spring of 2001...  That's 20 years! SMM wouldn't be much without your passion and hard work.
That's a gonna be a BIG PDF my friend....

XRay
"The Dude Abides"

Gearup

Lou, this document is FANTASTIC. It is really a catalogue of craftsmanship from all those who contributed. The yearbook style PDF is a great idea as it allows it to be carried on an iphone. When someone says "wooden models?", this will show what is possible!

Great project Lou. thank you for doing this!

Regards,
Fraser

ttpatrick

I love the year book Lou, I have been very lapse in presenting subjects to SMM, I must put that right next year.  You are doing a wonderful job.

Marsh

Lou, Great work, wish I was as clever on the PC. Marsh

Boomerang

Well done Lou!
Thank You for putting it together .

Cheers

Gordon

Jim

Looking great, but a couple typos in the index:  Ansaldo and SPAD VII...
And so it goes...

buccfan

Only just seen this post Lou, you have got my toon in with Paul S Albatross, otherwise looks great ,well done regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Thanks for the head's up. I will correct and repost.

Lou

Model Maker

One of the highlights of a New Year is looking back at the successes of the previous year. Especially in light of the the unusual conditions of 2020. Thanks to Lou for putting this together. It places a nice bow around all the excellent craftsmanship of the contributors!! Hopefully folks viewing the document will share it with friends and maybe even become a new member.

Thanks to Ray as well. As a relatively new member, it's been great to not only see the craftsman ship. It's been a wonderful experience reading the "Tips and Tricks" of others.

Happy New Year to all.

lastvautour

I have corrected the indicated errors. I looked at that several times and did not pick up the problems. Thank you for all the good work in 2020.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

buccfan

Thanks Lou, book looks great, it's good to see all that work in one place, regards Paul J.