• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

September 2020 Ping

Started by lastvautour, September 01, 2020, 09:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Views for Aug totaled 183486 as the trend to greater number of people visiting the site. The membership has produced 34 model so far this year. I hope submissions continue at the same or greater rate for the remainder of 2020.

Lou

lastvautour

Currently on the bench:

1/350 YMS-1
1/144 AN-26 Curl
1/72 F3D Skyknight
1/32 CT-134 Musketeer
1/32 DHC-2 Beaver

Lou

Model Maker

I have been really impressed with the postings over the past several weeks. Looks like folks have been both busy and very creative. A tip of the hat to all of you. It's a pleasure to be in the company of such creative artisans. I've have a lot to learn!!

I know there are lots of talented folks working in the "magic plastic world". But taking a piece of wood and turning it into a model somehow seems to be more magical to me.

And Lou: How do you complete so many, so quickly?

lastvautour

Not much magic in my shop. When the mood moves me I build several at the same time. It is just luck that they roll out at the same time. That is fortunate but not intentional. I am currently in a routine that I nap early morning and build most afternoons. Being retired has its perks.
One prime motivator is having SMM friends that join in the building fun. It is always better when more people are active. Thank you for posting.

Lou

PS I also do the plastic thingy.

lastvautour

I neglected to mention the VE/VJ group build produced 11 models as follows:

Gordon
N3PB
Nakajima KI-27 "Nate"
Brewster Buffalo
Blenheim Mk IF
KI-43 Oscar
Curtis Hawk 75N

Fraser
Fiesler Storch

Lou
Mustang Mk I
Mustang P-51A
Blenheim Mk I
Beaufighter Mk IIF

If I omitted any models please speak up.

Lou

Boomerang

Pushing on with the Vampire.

All the previous ones listed ones that are cut out remain so in their various locations.
I found another one the other day looking for something else.
A 1/48 Supermarine Southampton. Won't be getting to that for a while.

It is good to see the variety of models that are and have been produced.

Cheers

Gordon