• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Back Again

Started by FlyingS, August 28, 2020, 11:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyingS

It's been over a year and my new house is finished. In the process of setting up my model shop! Hope to get back on the DH 88 soon.

lastvautour

Welcome back. Nice work area and so clean. Mine has not seem so much bare space in a very long time.

Lou

FlyingS

Thanks, that is the cleanest that work bench will ever be haha.

Gearup

Looks like a nice fresh start! Have fun.
Fraser

FlyingS

After 2 years of "other stuff" going on I'm back working on the De Havilland. Ready to start doing the finish work now.

lastvautour

Nice to see you back. Love the Comet. Do I see correctly that you will be adding undercarriage?

As I mentioned already, I am very happy to see your project being reactivated.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Looks very nice.  I need to get back to my solid project as well.  Thanks for inspiration.

Gearup

I think that is the nice thing about wood. It has a lot of patience and doesn't mind an extended break.  Nice to see you back on the forum again.
Fraser

Boomerang

Good to see you back. Looking forward to progress on the Comet.

Gordon

FlyingS

I'm doing it with the landing gear up. I used a piece of a wooden wheel and split a piece of dowel and shaped the ends. I tried carving it into nacelle but didn't have enough meet nor did it look right. I think it's easier to do it in pieces and looks better. Was kind of at a mental Block on shaping the nacelles but I kind of had a brake through today and got off the stump haha.

lastvautour

Boomerang

Coming along nicely.

Cheers

Gordon

FlyingS

Not exactly failed experiment. I bought the motor and chucks to turn engine cowls, nose cones, etc. What you see here was an attempt to make the nose light out of plastic. I glued several layers together and shaped a shaft and roughed out the nose light. Unfortunately I cut it off center which would have resulted in the nose piece being too small. But at least it proved out the concept. I'll probably at this point paint the nose silver.

Boomerang

I used a piece of acrylic curtain rod for my Comet. Turned and polished on a drill.

Cheers

Gordon

Dave T

Dremels work too for wheels and spinners on small planes.