• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April 2019 Ping

Started by lastvautour, April 02, 2019, 01:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A record was broken this past March. The site recorded 99,657 views. The previous record stood at 90,604 in October 2015. The gallery does not record monthly and only shows the total views as 3,503,061.

Lou

lastvautour

Much time has been spent on my Bonaventure with everything being held up. My hopes of twelve models this year are gone. I will attempt to finish the Bonnie as long as the interest is there. I have a few items left to do:

Landing lights array port and starboard are on the bench
Anchors have been researched and drawn to size.
Painting 50 crewmen.
Need to research the tugs and mobile crane.
Need to figure out how to make the antennae masts.
Need to see what else I have forgotten.

I did prime one Mustang and then sanded and prime again. It sits in my paint booth.

Lou

Pete1616

After being without my desktop computer for over a month I found that the site isn't very friendly toward I-pads, I've been saving stuff up.
First, with Ken Noble's help, I'm carving again. I am also walking albeit with a cane! Hard to imagine that I spent about 1 1/2 years using a walker and wheelchair.
I now have six aircraft to carve, starting with a Sabre, then Spitfire and Mustang
(all using cedar)
A friend gave me an Aircraft recognition pocketbook. The first edition was in 1941, mine was published in 1945, the final printing. Although it covers British, Italian and Nazi aircraft,the usual black silhouettes on every page. it was published in the U.S. I guess there would be a complete book devoted to the Army air force and U.S. Navy. 
Pete1616

chuck549

Hi y'all,

Sorry for being away so long.  We moved, which has taken up most of my spare time the past several months.

Good news is I found my old books "Model Planes for Beginners" by H. H. Gilmore.  These date back to the 1940s and 50s, but they are easy to find on eBay or at secondhand book shops.  They include simple 3 view plans of vintage planes.  I used to check this out from our library when I was a kid, and carved my first models from it.

When things settle down I'll get started on a model.

Nice work on the Bonaventure Lou!  Don't beat yourself up if you don't get a dozen models done this year : )

Gearup

Sorry. Not much progress on the mosquito for the last few weeks. I have a few time sensitive projects now on the go "aka" family wedding planning and projects.  My shop is currently not too friendly for painting right now.
Fraser

lastvautour

Bad luck again. A strained muscle had be take an ambulance to the local hospital as I was in such pain I could not move. Some morphine and cheap drugs allowed me to sleep some last night. My trips to the workbench might not resume for at couple of weeks. It will give me time to reflect on modifying my goals for the year.

Lou (ouch)

Jim

Get well soon! ;)

Working on a DH-5. Few more demands on my discretionary time these days; getting things ready for spring and fishing season, and anxiously awaiting delivery of a new boat!
And so it goes...

Boomerang

Ouch !

Hope you get well soon Lou!

Plodding along with the Flycatcher and Caproni.

Something else has manifested itself in the tin I use to keep everything for one model in one place.

Details later.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Fraser

buccfan

Hope you get well soon Lou, regards Paul J.

Model Maker

Sorry Lou - I missed this ping.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. In the mean time, we'll have to try to keep you busy viewing our various initiatives as they progress.

-ken

lastvautour

Thank you for the good wishes. I am not quite up to standing at my work bench but hope to do so soon.

Lou

lastvautour

I will be out of touch for a few months. Just moving to another province.

Lou

Gearup

I hope your move goes well. Sounds like a big move!
Regards,
Fraser

Pete1616

Lou,, Didn't you just move to N.B.? Where to now or did I miss something. The main thing is to get well.
Pete1616