• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

March 2019 Ping

Started by lastvautour, March 01, 2019, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete1616

I'm back in the game! Thanks to Ken Noble I have six carvings on my to-do list.
Now, being a knife carver for 26 years I have to learn to grind and file. When I gave Ken the butternut to cut out blanks I had no idea how hard it was!
Oh well I'm young enough to learn a new skill, spent some time last night grinding and filing. Now I have a Dakota fuselage that just needs sanding.
Unfortunately, when I was diagnosed with CIDP, I gave away or sold most of my tools, kept a few knives. Now I can stand, Walk across the room, lift the wheelchair out of the car, then sit in it (I get a few funny looks) life is good!
Pete1616

lastvautour

Welcome back Pete. Best wishes for a productive future.

Lou

Pete1616

I'm happy to report that, with ken Nobles help, I'm carving again. Working on a Dakota at present, the hands are good. I can walk across the room, still use wheelchair for shopping etc. Stair chair gets me down to my shop. Sure wish I hadn't given so much of my carving equipment away! Oh well, I'm gathering stuff bit by bit and will producing my unpainted work once again. I missed you SMM folks.
Pete1616

Boomerang

Good to have you back Pete.

Look forward to progress on the Dakota.

Cheers

Gordon

buccfan

Good to hear you are back working again Pete. Best regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Tomorrow is 31 March. Any new completions for the month?

Lou

RyanShort1

So this wasn't exactly my coolest, neatest creation, but I had occasion to take my kids to a friends' place for the weekend and with some unusual circumstances had free reign of a decent workshop. Decided I had time to build something with a pair of curious boys and we got these little tractors completed between about 10am and 5:30pm with a lunch break. Also threaded some 1/4in metal rods to custom build the axles and such for durability. It was a lot of fun.