• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

March 2019 Ping

Started by lastvautour, March 01, 2019, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Lets hear from everyone who logs on this month and let us know what is going on with you regardless if you have a project on the go.

Lou

lastvautour

A propane leak followed by 5 days of winter head cold has slowed my projects drastically. By now I was hoping to have my Mustangs done and two plastic kits done. So far I have primed the Mustangs and started some sanding and filing on one wing only. I did manage to nearly complete the HMCS Bonaventure island with photo to follow once the clear coat dries on the decals.

I did manage to finish one 1/72 F-15C kit. Photo at https://www.flickr.com/photos/8416077@N08/

I certainly hope March will bear better results. I repeat my first post plea for responses from our members.

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings .

Heading into Autumn now on this side of the Equator.

This summer has been recorded as the hottest and driest  on record.
They also say that Autumn will be hot and dry.

Movement on the Caproni is slow.
Every time I look at photos I interpret a different tonal value as to where the green and red go.

The "Flea" is coming along. Most of it is built. Just a matter of putting all the brackets , rigging and turnbuckles together. Having got this far with it I'm thinking of another plane from around the same era. The Granger Archeopterix. I know I have plan somewhere but can't put my hands  on it.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Great numbers on the viewing of our site. Over 5,000 for the 1st of March alone.

Lou

Model Maker

Six models on the go. Three Mustangs ready for painting. Three Halifax Mk III's to complete along with a mosquito. I had my airbrush refurbished over the summer so I should be good to go on the paint front.

Over the past 3 years I have carved some planes as toys for the local Christmas Wish. Pondering about putting together a couple of model kits for this coming Christmas for youngsters to assemble and paint. Not sure how this will work out but may be worth a little time.

buccfan

Still working on the Flyertoon, some progress made but real life work, cold weather and other things keep getting in the way so progress is slow. Regards Paul J.

Gearup

Well, it is still snowing and cold. Progress has been made on the mosquito. Will start painting canopy windows and markings when it warms a bit.

Waxer

Re-drew org in cad to ensure everything fits, could standardized stock sizes, and rescale if needed. Cut styrene templates (because u have to build more than one!). Found out a lot more sanding to shape than carving. Progress is slow but still at it. This thing called LIFE seems to get between me and my shop!!!

Waxer

Sorry folks, let me figure out how to post pictures

lastvautour

Use the additional option below the text box. Picture are selected individually and cannot exceed 2M in total size and 10 in total numbers. I often have to make several post to get all the pictures I wish to display.

Lou

Marsh

Still on with the ship Parthia, will post up to date photo on my page when I have time. Marsh.

lastvautour

Just found out that long range projects i.e. "The Bonnie" have problems due to time. We all know that white paint will yellow. I now know that grey and green paint will darken with time. I have just finished adding my arrestor wire drums and guides and could not duplicate the colour already on the deck. Seem the only solution is to repaint the entire green section of the deck. I am half way there and also found that my earlier work was a bit off, so some markings will also need some repainting. I hope to have her done by the end of the next decade.

Boomerang

Still an amazing piece of work though.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thanks. I have renewed interest in her these days. The green and yellow has been reapplied and now the white markings are in the process. It takes several coats of Deco-art paint to cover.

Lou

buccfan

Bad luck with the paint Lou, but as Gordon says an amazing model. Regards Paul J.