• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

December 2018 Ping

Started by 1.JaVA_LGorrit, December 05, 2018, 08:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Hello guys,
Jorrit reporting in.
I am also a bit ashamed for not being an active community member this year.
I have an unpainted Hurricane MkI sitting on the shelf still.
Starting to feel an itch for carving some modern jets.
Hope this itch will develop into something serious.

lastvautour

Nice to hear from you Jorrit. I must have missed the misses turning the calendar page as we are in Dec already.

Gallery Update:  3,413,649 views to date.
Forum Update:   5,467,921 views to date.

Lou

lastvautour

Started a 1/72 North American OV-10A Bronco and hope to finish this year. So far the major wing, booms and tail plane has been glued, rough sanded and puttied. The fuselage pod has the sponsons attached and fared in. Pictures have been posted to my board.

Lou
Plastic 1/48 Sea Fury in Royal Canadian Navy scheme is 90% done.

lastvautour

Noel reported in via email. I enjoy receiving and passing on any SMM related message anyone wants to post.
Lou;
I haven't quit modelling, but have been very busy. I will get back to update my scrapbook soon. In the last year or so, I built a dozen HO railroad cars and a small trackside building from the movie CARS for a friend's model railroad. My hobby, more than anything else is airplanes, so I have another scratchbuilt on my workbench right now and am pecking away at it. It represents a homebuilt biplane that one of our Minnesota pioneers built back in the 1930 time period and I had to draw my own plans from photos. I love to browse SMM just to see what modelers are doing. Despite that most of my modeling friends (our club, the Twin City Aero Historians, now 50 years old - and I was a founding member) are plastic model builders, I am just ornery enough to continue my wayward habit of carving balsa wood!

Noel Allard (Scratch39)

lastvautour

Good news. Pete tells me he is capable of carving again.  His e-mail is as follows.

Hi, Lou

I was going to show my granddaughter "pete  morros airforce" on Google, but it's not there. Am I no longer a member of SMM?
I just asked Ken Noble (model maker) if I could have some of the cedar back that I gave him a year ago.....I'm ready to resume carving! hands are good, leg...not so much, I don't walk very well. Life does go on.....heck I won't be 84 until January!
Please let me know what happened........Pete

I checked everything on this end and everything is in its proper place so I sent him a link to his album. I hope to see him carving soon.

Lou for Pete

Boomerang

Great to hear from Jorrit, Scratch and Pete.

Gordon

Boomerang

Pushing on with the Claude and Shrike. Should have them finished by the 31st .

I'll post something else that I'm working on a bit later in the month.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

OV-10 in same condition with a completion schedule before year's end.

Lou

Model Maker

Hi Lou and Pete

Glad to hear Pete will be carving again!! I did not receive his email, but have sent him an email based upon the posting above, which hopefully reaches his email account. If for some reason it doesn't reach Pete, none of the wood which he gave to me has been used so I can drop it back to Pete over the holiday period or an alternate time when he is available.

-ken

lastvautour

Hopefully some inspiration before year's end.

Lou

Boomerang

Second shelf up , extreme right. Is that a DH 90?

To everyone have a safe and happy Christmas . Best wishes for the New Year.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Yes it is a Dragonfly in RCAF colours circa 1940s. Eight were originally purchased for the RCMP and were appropriated during WWII and used as navigator and radio operator training.

Merry Christmas to all and be safe also.

Lou

buccfan

Happy holidays to all and wish you a safe and prosperous new year. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Ready for the new year.

Lou