August 2018 Ping

Started by lastvautour, July 31, 2018, 05:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Total views in the forum 5,276,973
Total views in the gallery 3,334,325

Lou

lastvautour

July was very hot for our area. At least 5C above normal so not much outdoor activities mostly siting under the air conditioner. Regardless I managed to do some work although nothing was completed.

1/32 Bruno Stillman 55 - Still shaping the hull.
1/350 HMCS Aurora  -  Minor work at shidship.
1/32 Mark V Tank  -  1300 rivets to date. I juts bought another 1200 this morning.
1/32 CF-100  - No progress
1/72 Argus  -  No progress

Plastics

1/48 Airfix Super Etendard V - should be done later today or tomorrow. 

General

Display shelves and model relocation - 1/144 plastic collection relocated. Added another 16" X 96" shelf and relocated my wooden high wing wonders. The 1/24 and 1/32 scale solids were also relocated to group them together. The navy was also relocated. I now have a bit of space for expansion of all my collections. I do not have a single plastic ship in my collection. I do have a few carriers in my stash.

Lou

lastvautour

New display photo areas. The 1/144 and 1/72 are still in their respective cabinets. I wish I had cabinets for all my entire collection.

Lou

Boomerang

Progressing with Macchi M5 . Have overcome ( i think ) the engine mount and associated struttery .
  Making up enough homemade turnbuckles when the need for therapy arises.

Cheers
Gordon

lastvautour

Guy sent me some photos of his magnificent SM-55X. Check out more photos on his personal board.

Lou

lastvautour

Used up 400 of the newly bought 1200 pins and promptly misplaced the remaining 800. Went to the store and secured another 700 or which 350 have been cut for installation in the next few days. I will complete one entire side before taking photos. The gun sponsoons are carved and one has half the rivets installed. Now I need Gordon's help on making the engine cooling louvres.

Lou

buccfan

Some progress made on the flyertoon, main bodywork assembled, in hand with engine nozzles and tailplanes. wing tips on but require a bit of fine filler which I don't have yet.  Quick primer coat added to check for further contour sanding.Pictures to follow when i have time. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Fingers graced us with a 1/40 Siemens-Schuckert D-III.

Lou