• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June Ping 2018

Started by lastvautour, June 01, 2018, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The forum has had 5,204,246 views since the site went up. Views for 2018 are as follows:
Jan   39294
Feb   33967
Mar   38370
Apr   40205
May  39693

The gallery has had 3,292,280 views and has 8005 images.

Extra efforts on facebook to direct plastic modeler to the site does not seem to swell our numbers, however we will continue to highlight out site.

Lou

lastvautour

Trying to clear up those hangar queen projects.

The 1/32  F-86 is receiving it's decals and should be completed shortly.

I am still waiting for plastic strips to continue the tracks on the Mark V tank. I have installed about 40 rivets (pin cut down to size) and still trying to figure out how to do the large nuts. It just came to  mind that craft shops sell punches of various shapes. I will have to visit and see if there is one that will do the trick. I ordered some .010 in thick plastic sheets that would work out nicely assuming I can find a suitable punch.

The 1/52 Bruno Stillman 55 fishing boat is coming along but i can't visualize the hull shape, hence I have to do technical shaping. I take a measurement and remove a section of wood. Mark out another section and remove that. what I have now is sharp angles and no smooth contours yet. Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit the boat and was allowed on board to take photos.

1/350 HMCS Aurora is getting some hull filler and sanding. It was either filler of start from scratch.

There has been no progress on the 1/72 hangar.

Lastly I have two plastic 1/72 F-86 Mk 6 and an Aurora Boeing 737 (started early 1970s) nearing completion.

I have my basswood ready to start my 1/72 Argus.

Boomerang

Fokker EV/DVIII - Nearly done. Issue with fuselage stencils. When that's worked out I'll stick it all together.

Medium A Whippet - Adding all the wobbly bits to track housings using PVA dabs and black plastic from take away coffee cups. Have done a "length " of track using a strips of .4mm ply
                                half round styrene and PVA dabs for rivets . The individual ones I've already done will be used for going around the corners. Engine cover completed.

Macchi M5   - Still pondering the struts for the engine.

Cheers

Gordon