• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

April Ping 2018

Started by lastvautour, April 01, 2018, 09:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Happy Easter for those who celebrate, Happy April Fool's Day for those who play and Happy Birthday to the Royal Canadian Air Force. Hopefully spring has come to the northern hemisphere.

The March ping has been sent to everyone with an active email on SMM. I only received half a dozen rejects for the last two group emails . In total I may have received approx 30 inactive emails. It is hoped to reactivate the membership. I just viewed who is on line and found two signed in members and another three viewer looking at Marsh Ping, so we are getting some response.

Forum Total page views:    5,124,694
Gallery Total image views: 3,246,765

lastvautour

Nieuport 11 - started gun and installed rigging.
HMCS Aurora - inactive
Tank Mark IV - inactive
1/32 Sabre - Inactive
1/72 Hurricane - fuselage carved and rough sanded. Second wing block cut. First wing ruined beyond repair.
Photo Op Hangar - heating ducts printed, cut and glued/shape.

New aluminum paint arrived. Neither bristle nor spray brush giving what I want. I will take the least of the bad and go with that.

Boomerang

Fokker D-VIII progressing

Macchi M-5     Progressing slowly

Looking at a couple of ideas for a "quick" build

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

lastvautour

Guy La Casse has been busy with some his weathervane projects. Check him out his previous work at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=10236 and his latest work, a magnificent Beech Staggerwing at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1646.0. Guy's projects are 1/18 scale.

Lou for Guy

Pete1616

Guy, that's the prettiest weather vane I've seen! Nice paint job.....seems most staggerwing models are red......Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

lastvautour

lastvautour

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

lastvautour

If I neglected any completed project for April or even the beginning of the year please post to the May Ping report.

Lou