• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 RAF BE4

Started by Will, November 13, 2013, 01:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Braunlich

More showing up on FB

Lieut. Gordon Bell, on Army biplane No. 204, with Capt. Dawes as passenger, just before leaving the Hendon Aerodrome in route for Farnborough. 1912

Balsabasher

What a great historic picture Mark,the underslung strutted wing like the Bristol Fighter creates some problems for building on subjects like this.
Barry.

Mark Braunlich

Barry,
The front cabane strut and the rearmost undercarriage strut could be made as one long continuous strut (I'd use brass) let into the side of the fuselage.   I don't know if Will did it that way but that's how I would do it.

Balsabasher

Thats a good idea Mark,never thought of that way but its logical thinking after all,its interesting how our brain takes in different ideas and thats all part of learning things.
Barry.

Will

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks, especially to Mark for finding some more pictures.
The model provoked plenty of positive discussion at the local IPMS the other day, though it didn't place.  My colleagues at work were impressed by the newspaper article, which has also been mentioned by the neighbours.  My wife got into conversation about the plane with one of her friends while at the supermarket!

Will