• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Continuation of the P-40 Group Build

Started by lastvautour, January 14, 2011, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Hi Lou,

Sorry for my late reply. I am out of town right now on a business trip. I'll post the update photos when I get back on the weekend.

Peter

Peter

Hi Lou and Barry,

Here are a few photos of the P-40. It looks better now, than it does in these photos. The wood filler has been applied and I'm in the middle of sanding and sanding and more sanding!

lastvautour

Coming along great Peter. You have the knack.

Lou

Balsabasher

Peter,I am proud of you,your solid is just great and you are a natural carver,keep up the practise.
Barry.

lastvautour

Peter

Hi Lou,

I'll post photos next week. I'm off to Seattle for the weekend to visit Boeing Field, Museum and the Boeing plant.

Peter

lastvautour

Peter, how are things. I see your name being on line as I type this. Do you have any pictures to share?

Lou

Peter

Hi Lou, actually I have been posting all this from work. I promise to post photos as soon as I have something photo worthy. I did have a nice surprise today before work my wife bought me a scroll saw for our wedding anniversary. So that will make the first steps of building future projects go smoother.   

Peter

lastvautour

I hope you got her something nice also. You will be able to do lots of things easier now.

Lou

Peter

She's getting a girls trip to Las Vegas. Which means when she's away the chips will be flying!

Peter

Peter

Here some photos of my primed P-40. I have decided to try my hand at an ID+. Hopefully it will be done next week.

lastvautour

Nice work Peter. The control surfaces and cockpit lines really sets it off.

Lou

Balsabasher

Good work Peter,you are a natural for working with Solids,keep it going.
Barry.

lastvautour

Hi Peter, how is the new hobby working out. We have not heard from you in abit. I saw you were on line the other day but did not see you post anything.

Lou

P.S. Just think of me as the truant officer.

Peter

Hi Lou,

I don't think of you as a truant officer. I think of you more as an Air Marshal. Actually if it wasn't for you I still would be thinking about building my first model instead of being on my second. The P-40 is about 90% painted. I have tried to find suitable decals at the local hobby shops but with know luck. So I am going to experiment with making them out of paper. I also have a cool idea for a stand. I'll post photos on Monday it should be be finished by then.

Peter