• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

hawker hurricane

Started by Biggles, February 01, 2014, 02:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balsabasher

Biggles you are creating solids in the spirit of yesteryear,your models could have been easily built by someone carving away on a remote spotter post utilising whatever wood was available,well done sir.
Barry.

Biggles

my great grandfather carved models in WW2 (he was a anti aircraft gunner).
Biggles
John 15:13

lastvautour

I would dearly love to see pictures of his if any exist. I have a similar situation with my Uncle hector, but other than one set of drawings on the back of the corn syrup WWII prints we have no mementos at all.

Lou

cliff strachan

Lou, have you really got a whole set of aviation prints issued by "Corn Syrup" during WW2? I used to have a set that included, if I recall correctly, some sketches of such aircraft as the Short Sterling and Hampton Bomber that for awhile were affixed to my bedroom wall. Sure would like to see some of them again!
Cliff.

lastvautour

I though I had posted them to the gallery but I don't have time to search right now. Maybe tomorrow.

Lou

Balsabasher

What lovely pictures,quite a collectors piece now.
Barry.

lastvautour

Biggles, here is a message from Pete.

Hi, Lou

I have no idea as to how to send these pics to Barry and Biggles, Barry was  curious about the blue top gorilla glue, and Biggles wondered about wing roots and sanding mop.....I took a pic of a used sanding mop and a new one....As they are both overseas, giving them the name of the supplier wouldn't help, however, one could be made by getting some cloth backed sandpaper, cutting it as per the sample (back to back)stacking them up, and fitting the stack into a drill press.....makes a better job of sanding than you could do by hand......Pete

Pete1616

Quote from: Biggles on February 01, 2014, 02:15:06 AM
This one is just a small plane, maybe got a 18cm wing span.
biggles
Pete1616

Balsabasher

Pete many thanks for your efforts in getting these photographs showing,over in the UK I have only seen the orange adhesive but will keep my eyes open for the blue version.
Barry.

Biggles

Thank you Pete I just got wat you were telling me about he sanding mop! I will try it.
John 15:13