• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Air-Toons

Started by lastvautour, August 18, 2009, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Paul, you do yourself proud. Those are excellent AirToons on par with any I have seen. The Bucc sure looks promissing. Congratulations on an excellent job.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks for the comments Barry and Lou, can't wait to start the Bucc, I suspect the number of components may change as I start to build.Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Happy new year to you all!. I had a bit of spare time today so I made a start on my Bucctoon. I have got the fuse cut out and shaped,but still needs rounding and contouring. I have also cut out the fin, canopy and spine. when I get a bit more time I will cut out the intakes and wings.The pic of the top view is slightly blurred but I had several goes at taking it with no great success. But it still gives an idea of the shape. Regards Paul J.

PS:-For other Buccfans out there have a look at this scratch built version,not wood I know but still worth a look.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62287

lastvautour

Your AirToon is coming along very well and that 1/24 Bucc is beyond words.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I think Scratcher must have the patience of a saint to get so far with the build and have to cut it up. But as you have said before if you know something is not right you can't live with it.Regards Paul J.

buccfan

Wings and engines cut to shape,wing length still to work out. Ready to do some rounding and contouring when I get some time.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

As mentioned before, you have the makings of a superb Bucc.

Lou

buccfan

My Bucctoon has been completed up to the stage where I need to prime it. Unfortunately I can't do it yet as I use rattle cans outside in the garden and the ice and snow is making it too cold to spray. My workshop is not much warmer. I may have to brush prime it which I don't really want to do as the finish wont be as good. Anyway here's a couple of progress so far pics. Regards Paul J.

For anyone interested the 1/24 scratch built Bucc here is just about complete, hats off to Scratcher.
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62287

lastvautour

Great work my man. I hope spring come early for you.

Lou

Balsabasher

A beautifully clean model,well done Bucc !
Barry.

Peter

It looks great! With such a nice wood grain showing maybe you should stain and varnish it? Like Pete does with his models.

Peter

buccfan

Thanks for the comments Lou, Barry and Peter. I never thought of the stain and varnish idea to be honest, but I've already painted the missiles pylons and pods to go on it so I may do that on another model. I think spring has been delayed again, it has been thawing slowly since last Saturday when we had 4" come down, but it has started snowing again and we have about 3" more already.Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

If you do decide to stain the next one, markings can be added over the stain for a unique look.

Lou

buccfan

Thanks Lou, I'll bear that in mind.I've been on Blackheart Art having a look to see what I fancy next.I was looking at the multi engine ones and wondering how to attach the engines, then I saw your latest build and saw a bit of light. Your production rate still amazes me. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Paul, please post a copy of your templates for the Bucc.

Lou