• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Comet U.S.S. Perch build

Started by R.F.Bennett, December 31, 2007, 05:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

This is an article about the building of a Comet U.S.S. Perch model given to me by Steve Winn.

The restored Plan;

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-52

A PDF file is ready for download at;

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/CometUSSPerchBuild.pdf

Just right click the link and choose "Save Target as" or Save link as" or just click it and view it online.
This is a Beta of the article so I'll let you know when it's done. It only needs some fine tuning so a constructive critique is quite welcome. I will warn you, however, it is a 3 mb download so it may take a few minutes. With 20 pages and 40 images it's worth a look.

Please post any questions you have here and I'll try to address them in the final article.
Thanks too Garet for helping me set this unusual format in place. I hope to do more of these in the future.

"The Dude Abides"

R.F.Bennett

Post comments and questions here.  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Kenny Horne

Just a quick browse Ray, but it looks wonderful.  I'll look at it more closely and see if I can identify any issues but it looks great.  I doubt that there will be anything to add.  Essentially you have a nice magazine article here.

Congrats,

Kenny

animek

Great job, and cool document, thanks! I've just downloaded it!

Ben

lastvautour

lmsjim

Outstanding work and great article. I will be studying it in detail since I am currently building some old Strombecker ships also.

R.F.Bennett

Thank you Gentlemen, I have a few thoughts about the kit and plans to add to make it a proper review and a few recommendations to conclude the article. But I wanted to get something posted as soon as it was intelligible  :P .

This was also a bit of an experiment for Garet and I in the actual process of posting and setting up access to something this large. It only took Garet a few minutes and I think with a couple of happy accidents, the system is going to work well. I hope to convert many of your builds to this form.

The next step is my own set of Perch plans and a build of them. Time to get out my drafting gear.  :o  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Marsh

Ray,
Great!   I will have to put USS Perch on my list (one day).
Marsh.